HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Wow. Comparing people wanting $4 a gallon gas to Hitler? All of Europe must be ....

Really the whole situation is incredibly frustrating. Here I am coasting down the road to a red light, running the A/C on 85 and sweating a little and someone rushes to get past me in a 5.0 liter SUV. I am feathering the throttle looking at the cross light to see if it will turn yellow so I can hit the intersection as the light turns green. I am working hard to get my 55 mpg while the SUV makes it a bit harder to do that all the while really wasting resources. If you believe that CO2 is a serious problem - it is really hard not to want to punch "that" driver in the nose - every single day on every single road in the country.

It it really hard to not get angry at every single person who doesn't get it. By moving from a vehicle that gets close to 50 mpg to 30 mpg, you have alienated a lot of people. That is a big difference. At 30 mpg, you are only slightly better than the average sedan. So you have become part of the problem - to some people's eyes (including mine).

But really - don't take it so personally. If you eat meat - you will anger some people. Live in a big house - ditto.

FWIW - gas should be $10 a gallon - not to teach people a lesson (although that would be a good side benefit) but to reduce the use of carbon as an energy source.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:58 AM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Originally Posted by 300TTto545
Wow. Comparing people wanting $4 a gallon gas to Hitler? All of Europe must be ....

Really the whole situation is incredibly frustrating. Here I am coasting down the road to a red light, running the A/C on 85 and sweating a little and someone rushes to get past me in a 5.0 liter SUV. I am feathering the throttle looking at the cross light to see if it will turn yellow so I can hit the intersection as the light turns green. I am working hard to get my 55 mpg while the SUV makes it a bit harder to do that all the while really wasting resources. If you believe that CO2 is a serious problem - it is really hard not to want to punch "that" driver in the nose - every single day on every single road in the country.

It it really hard to not get angry at every single person who doesn't get it. By moving from a vehicle that gets close to 50 mpg to 30 mpg, you have alienated a lot of people. That is a big difference. At 30 mpg, you are only slightly better than the average sedan. So you have become part of the problem - to some people's eyes (including mine).

But really - don't take it so personally. If you eat meat - you will anger some people. Live in a big house - ditto.

FWIW - gas should be $10 a gallon - not to teach people a lesson (although that would be a good side benefit) but to reduce the use of carbon as an energy source.
Quote: Wow. Comparing people wanting $4 a gallon gas to Hitler? All of Europe must be ....End-Quote:

Sorry you and I hope others don't miss the real point. Looks like "YOU-DID" from your comments here. It is the "Extreme-Thinking" and Mind Set that I speak of here. Just like you say here it upsets you to see them and "Me" in our vehicles because we are not doing as "You-Think".

Consider this: I guess then you would never in your next drive consider that to others while you are performing your slow driving tactics that "YOU" are most upsetting to the other drivers around "YOU". They are wanting to get to where they are going while you are holding up those around you and causing "Gas/Resources" to be Wasted getting around you while you save exactly how many of the same "Resources" ???

Kinda strange how it works, is it not that you are right and everyone else that does not go along with you and people that think like you are "WRONG". That is my point in my earlier post. Do as you see fit and what you are comfortable with and don't judge the others around you for not doing the same as you would have them do.

Of course that would mean that people do think logically and it is obvious that is not the case.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:51 AM
Part Time Hybrids

If gas was 10.00 a gallon it would do nothing to stop rich Cali and NY types from driving. It might even encourage them since gas hogs would become a social status symbol. Instead of going green people would flame the government. We'd all be hurt my increases in taxes to support new and improved mass transit systems.

And instead of gah hogs, Audi, GM, and anothers would just shove out hybrid gas hogs, nice 25 mpg electric-gas varients of the same carbon problem.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:58 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

It's still boils down to simple facts:

HCH is a safe car.

People who do not know how to drive make safe cars unsafe.

Therefore any safe car drivin by somebody who doesn't know how to drive makes it unsafe.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Wow. Terry, I was wrong. You should've left that post Deleted.

Seems to me, you've gone Extremist.

Back on topic: Yes, the HCHII is a very safe car.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:13 AM
Enthusiast

If you believe that CO2 is a serious problem - it is really hard not to want to punch "that" driver in the nose - every single day on every single road in the country.
Sometimes I'll get mad at the lady driving the Suburban, and even get mad, for a second, at her *for* driving it. But then I'll think for a second - am I mad because she's driving a vehicle that *I think* is bigger and more wasteful than she needs? Or am I really mad because she's talking on her cell phone, putting on lipstick, changing lanes blindly, and just generally driving like an idiot? It always comes down to number two. If I got mad at everyone who was driving a big and/or powerful vehicle, I'd have really, really high blood pressure, and probably wouldn't get much done all day, what with the constant heart attacks and all.

I agree completely. To some people, eating meat is a bigger sin than driving an SUV. People will get angry at other people for having different viewpoints. Always have, and unfortunately, always will. I don't remember ever being mad at somebody for eating like a rabbit? No worries. Less anger = less stress = I live longer.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sungod18
If gas was 10.00 a gallon it would do nothing to stop rich Cali and NY types from driving.
Newsflash for all you gasgusslers on the other side of the ocean. Just did the math and at this moment (with current gas price and exchange rate)

A gallon of gas in the netherlands will set you back $ 9,68!! You might want to read that again $ 9,68. If you don't believe me and want to do the math yourself. a liter currently costs EURO 1,53.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:43 AM
G.H. Contributor
Exclamation Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Originally Posted by noflash
Wow. Terry, I was wrong. You should've left that post Deleted.

Seems to me, you've gone Extremist.

Back on topic: Yes, the HCHII is a very safe car.
Remember "You" ask and I "REPLIED" and you have your opinion of me and

[I stand by Exactly what I said}.

People on these Forums on FE need to Calm-Down on those that do not "Agree with Them" and their Mind-Set.

Whatever happened to discussing the vehicles and get away from all the Slander on individuals and what they own and how they choose to drive. That would IMO be a very refreshing FUN-Topic and use to be what took place on Forums just like this one before the "Hard-Core" FE "Die-Hards" have tried to take over.

This is not going to be a discussion for me to continue here after this. The reason is I can see know matter what I say or how I word what I say there are going to be the members that will continue to do and think as they always have on other people as to what they own and how they drive.

So this "CONCLUDES" my comments on a subject that neither I or certain members here are going to change their mind on:

Old 09-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Part Time Hybrids

Originally Posted by BlueVFRank
Newsflash for all you gasgusslers on the other side of the ocean. Just did the math and at this moment (with current gas price and exchange rate)

A gallon of gas in the netherlands will set you back $ 9,68!! You might want to read that again $ 9,68. If you don't believe me and want to do the math yourself. a liter currently costs EURO 1,53.
So tell me then. Are SUV's one the rise in Europe like the news says?

Old 09-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

SUV hype is already over its height (at least in the netherlands) There is also a significant difference with what we consider an SUV and what the average joe considers an SUV. 90% of the suv;'s has atmost an 3.5liter engine (diesel or fuell) most even 2 or 2.4 liter 4in line.

That is already a large difference. The cars you consider small are full size over here.

Quick Reply: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands