HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 10:05 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Good to hear you're happy with the new car.

I just re-read your original post and realized you are also in the Houston area. There's always someone that wants to go much faster than you are (hybrid or otherwise), and these days I'm riding almost always in the rightmost lane. The other day, one of my neighbors was visibly pissed at my driving 39 on a 40 miles per hour residential road with a stop sign just beyond the hill. He switched lanes close to my car and turned to look directly at me as he passed. Silly old man.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by noflash
Well, by the time you're done with your midlife crisis there should be many more FE cars to choose from.

Glad you like your new car.
I'm 36 years old so I don't think I qualify as middle age. I just enjoy nice cars; past cars include:

2 Porsche Boxsters
BMW Z3
Lexus LS400
Jaguar XJ8 Vaden Plas
VW Touareg
Mercedes SLK (acutally hated that car)

No I didn't inherit anything; just worked smart and hard for everything.

Old 09-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Well good for you!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

A former HCH 2 owner wants pickup, to drive fast, and brake hard, and wants to convince himself that 29 MPgs is green.

OK- so whats the big deal? Nothing. Just a typical American driver with a need for speed. No big shakes, but certainly no reason to misrepresent the obvious either.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Enthusiast

It's all relative... Terry is happy with his HAH ( Sweet car, by the way, even if white isn't my color. Wish they had made it in a coupe. ) To you it's terribly inefficient. But to a bicycler, your HCH is a huge, polluting, inefficient land barge. All relative my friend.

Anyways, congrats to the cat who bought the Benz - it's a great ride ( though a big change from an HCH, no doubt! ). Drive the car that fits your needs/wants , whatever vehicle that may be.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:29 AM
For my daughter

Well, it seams that this site is a bit less green and a bit less hybrid than before.

Why should we take care of the future of our childs? The first thing do most of the 2007 teenager is buy a car when they get the chance.

This said, I'am still not shure that the shame is to sell a HCH because felling unsafe. The real shame is the behavior of all the others around the ones feeling unsafe in their HCH.

When Steven Harper, president of Canada having crashed all the environmental programs existing when he took the control, talk about himselft as an environmental leader to the rest of the earth as he did yesterday, that's another proof the humanity is pathetic. No surprise that society's behavior was risky for HCH drivers when such society put such guy in control of a country.

We have beated another temparature record yesterday here. The 3th this year. Golbal warming is purely hypotetrical. Take you time all.

However, I'am happy to see that this thread upraises. We had a lot of fun on this one.

PierreM.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

One less polar bear.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:33 PM
G.H. Contributor
Thumbs up Re: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Originally Posted by leroybrown
It's all relative... Terry is happy with his HAH ( Sweet car, by the way, even if white isn't my color. Wish they had made it in a coupe. ) To you it's terribly inefficient. But to a bicycler, your HCH is a huge, polluting, inefficient land barge. All relative my friend.

Anyways, congrats to the cat who bought the Benz - it's a great ride ( though a big change from an HCH, no doubt! ). Drive the car that fits your needs/wants , whatever vehicle that may be.
Very WISE-Comments from YOU !!!!!!

Have-A-Nice-Day

BTW, leroy, There are Sharper Looking Colors than "WHITE" but not (Cooler) in this 105 Degree-Heat !!!

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-08-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leroybrown
It's all relative... to a bicycler, your HCH is a huge, polluting, inefficient land barge.
Ha funny stuff.

Someone has to start the ball rolling in the right direction. And I can't survive getting around on a bicycle, even if I could pack the kids around on my bicycle there is this stuff called rain that seems to be the bicycles achilles heal.

If we all keep driving gas guzzling beasts the madness will never end. I am disgusted that out of all the choices of automobiles manufactured in 2007 available in the US that only two... I repeat TWO are listed at 40 mpg or greater on the fueleconomy.gov website.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:16 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Just so [YOU-KNOW] here is another Pic of the NO-FE-Getting Accord Hybrid.

I'd watch my comments here if I were you !!!!!

If you have not personally owned these Hybrids that are FAST, they also get FE while going FAST:

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-better-15225/

Sorry. You have made it clear that you want to drive faster and be able to brake hard and feel safe. A snapshot pic doesn't mean much , the Accord Hybrid is discontinued, and the only reason you don't feel safe is because of the need for speed and resultant experience while braking.

Just don't try and paint it any other way than it really is. It's all quite clear.

Quick Reply: Selling my '06 HCH II for safety reasons

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands