HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Regen while cruising

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Regen while cruising

Originally Posted by mmrmnhrm
Kephra, sounds like you need msantos' regen inhibit modification. Basically it prevents that forced regen from taking place, so while you won't be getting any boost on the way up, you won't be fighting the battery either. Then on the way down, you can use the 'S' gear to force regen as soon as you start and get the charge back.
Yeah, I just read that thread, and it would probably help me. As it is, I get forced regen when I don't need it, and then when I leave home, my battery SOC is completely full before I'm halfway down the hill. A bigger battery capacity would probably also help. There are very little level roads here in the Pocono's, just big hills everywhere.