HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rant of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 08:20 AM
Technology Junkie
Default Re: Rant of the Month

Harold,

I brought my car in last month for some scheduled brake light recall work. The dealer had to order a part prior to this work. I still have the work order from the repair. Makes me wonder if they did any work at all.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Willie,
This does sound like the problem that the recall was too prevent? Good luck next time.H

Old 06-17-2008, 11:23 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

The weather here has been mild so any testing on my battery will need to wait until it hit hotter temps.

But for this week's gas usage I am down to 37.1......

Old 06-17-2008, 12:03 PM

Did they put a new battery pack in?H

Old 06-17-2008, 12:06 PM

No, they could not find any problems with the car.

Old 06-17-2008, 03:06 PM

You gotta be kidding!!! I think I would be looking? Something is not correct there, wheel bearings ,something.Your FE is way low for someone that understands the car and how it should be driven!H

Old 06-18-2008, 06:54 AM

I filled my car up last night, going off of another post, I put in the middle grade of gas. I have to wait to see if there is any change but I will assume it will not make a difference.

A few weeks ago, against what I have been saying here on other posts, I decided to fill my tires to 40psi. I did not get over 38mpg.

The battery seems to have stabilized but again the weather here this week is mid 70's.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Eco Accelerometrist

arbittan;

I don't know if this has been asked before (my apologies) but is there a GH member in your area that may take a ride with you in your car?

I would like to be wrong on this one but I can't help but to think you have a virtual boat anchor dragging behind your car. This is very odd and despite the complexities involved I am inclined to believe (based on my experiences) the answer to your problem may be a little simpler.

Either that or you got yourself a lemon.

Cheers;

MSantos

Old 06-18-2008, 07:34 AM

There was one memeber here, Larry, but I haven't heard back from him. We were suppose to meet up so he can check out my BASS kit and Blueconnect system.

Funny thing, every time I see another hybrid owner, I have been tempted to roll my window down at the traffic light and say "Does that thing have a Hemi!" seriously ask them what they are currently gettting in terms of MPG... I almost worked up the guts two days ago, but I didn't want someone to get the wrong idea....

Old 06-18-2008, 11:45 AM

I might have answered one of my main problems with MPG. In our area we have E10 gas. If I were to figure the loss of MPG compared to regular gas it is about 10% which would account for a 3-4 mpg loss. If I were to add the loss number to what i have been getting it would = 38 - 44mpg.

Unfortunately this area will not move away from E10 based gas in the near future....

Quick Reply: Rant of the Month

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands