HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rant of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:54 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rant of the Month

Arbittan: Boy you got real problems. Your lucky the thing is still running! You must drive the p-ss out of that little car if you can only average 38 mpg, but then again it sounds like you have some serious issues going on with your HCH11. You would think your dealer should be able to sort those problems out, because that is not how your car should be running! H

Old 06-12-2008, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by arbittan
But none the less, the car has been placed into service for the following complaints:

1. Battery is draining rapidly
2. Battery not holding onto charge
3. Loss of power steering*
4. Loss of power brakes*
5. Loss of AC*
6. Car lurks forward when starting the vehicle.

* Loss of 3, 4, 5 are directly caused when the battery dies out and the gas engine kicks in.
I seem to have the only other HCH here that likes to recalibrate frequently, although it happens for me is a lot less than it happens to you. I don't notice any of your points 2-6 (excluding #5 since I don't use A/C). I'm curious to see what the dealer says, and I would be interested to get the name of the shrink they recommend you to .

Overall, I am amazed by the mileage I am getting (I'm well into a 60+mpg tank) so other than the first bit of forced regen, I don't think the recalibration is hurting me too much from an FE standpoint.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Harold,
I won't be surprised if they call me at the end of the day and tell me they found nothing wrong with the car....

Personally, I wish they would be more honest and say, "the computer we hooked your car to while we watched TV and shot pool did not find any error codes and that means nothing is wrong" hehe
I get it from both ends when people ride with me in the car, they say things like, "is it the car or can you go any faster..." or " Dude, the person walking over there is moving faster than you!" or " Sir, do you know why I pulled you over?, uh no, well sir you are going WAY TOO SLOW for this area of town!!"

I hope it is a weather related heat issue since that's what it seems to be or started...

We'll see and I will report back what they find or don't find...

Last edited by arbittan; 06-12-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM

The Shrink might be thier computer

Old 06-12-2008, 11:39 AM

Alright!

I got the call from Honda about 5 mins ago (2:30pmEST) and was informed that they could not find any problems!!

They did however note that it did require two software updates:

One for the CVT transmission and the other for TPMS which doesn't make sense because the 07' models do not have Tire Pressure Monitoring unless TPMS means something totally different for Honda.

They drove the car and could not replicate the problem. (Driving a car around the block will not replicate the problem people!!)

Well, I informed them I will pick the car up tonight and hopefully the updates were the only thing it needed to function. We will see.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:45 AM

Surprise! Since they felt bad, they threw in a TPMS system for you .

I know I'll get the same response when I bring mine in, but at least they will have documented it. I am going to bring mine in next week sometime for the steering grease, brake light recall thing and will post up with their findings.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arbittan
Alright!
They did however note that it did require two software updates:

One for the CVT transmission and the other for TPMS which doesn't make sense because the 07' models do not have Tire Pressure Monitoring unless TPMS means something totally different for Honda.
Silver lining: you'll never have to contend with a TPMS low pressure warning!

Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 PM

What would be icing on the cake if I now get an error message that it cannot detect TPMS module!!

Since these techs do not perform actually work other than what is displayed by the computer.... hehe

Old 06-12-2008, 03:57 PM

Well I hope it corrects the problem because your FE sucks! Have you got another dealer to take it to . Good luck,H

Old 06-12-2008, 04:02 PM

According to fueleconomy.gov, the 2007 HCH-II gets 40/45/42 (City/Hwy./Combined) MPG, under their new measuring scheme. But users average 42 MPG, with a range of 30 to 56 MPG.

Yours is not average. Though I guess this counts as an argument of semantics.

Quick Reply: Rant of the Month

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands