HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Rant of the Month

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rant of the Month

You are right, it will create the question to anyone who owns or about to own a SUV or truck. Do they really need to purchase one.

But it will not address people who want a performace car or something more status quo.

It would also help if the states would impose a usage tax on all motorist to encorage alternative transportation. Even penalize people who need to drive trucks into cities or towns. There is no reason why big rigs could not be converted into Electric/CNG

Old 03-11-2008, 09:13 PM

Here's an alternate rant:

Why can't people create topics with meaningful, descriptive, and impersonal titles? Instead, it seems that quite often they are written like Jerry Springer talking points; Loose and informal speech, loaded with personal perspective. Sometimes they're just rage dumps, using ALL CAPS and excessive punctuation!!!! Come on, people! It can be a pain to have to hunt and peck for the topics that are of interest, trying to look beyond the childish banter and emotional crises.

A topic title should never be so slanted that it prejudices the contents of the topic. Please remember that a topic evolves as it progresses. A poorly-written topic title reflects badly on the actual topic itself and threatens to make itself meaningless and ignorable.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:28 AM

You know what eerks me? Everytime gas prices start to get over $3.00 a gallon, everyone is talking about alternative fuels or how unfair the middle east cartels are or how we must continue with pointless wars in countries we do not belong in.

Its funny that in order for people to drive alternative fuel cars, they need to be sugar coated like liquid medicines. It is also funny how car manufactures are not creating cars and trucks that are capable of using electric technology without the need for fossil fuel.

I was reading a good article on MSN about trucks and people. Basically saying people are willing to haul air than to buy a smaller car for mundane to and from work travel. Or how people will purchase one expensive truck/suv instead of making it a second or third vehicle in their house hold.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

That's true. It's hard to find even a Honda Civic GX (Natural Gas Vehicle). It's almost as if Honda doesn't want you to have it.

Hybrids, on the other hand are very popular right now. Toyota Highlander Hybrids (limited, no navi) are going for over $900/month for 5 years. Car companies see that Hyrbids sell, and it's as if they are trying to steer you away from cleaner cars like the GX and get you to buy a Hybrid.

I always laugh when I see the monster truck SUV with an anti-war sticker on it.

I guess no rants till May now?

Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 AM

True.. I cannot create a new rant topic until April

Old 03-12-2008, 11:52 AM

I like the way this thread is going. It makes us all think

Old 03-12-2008, 06:54 PM

Yes it's a very good thread. It has generated a lot of good discussion and has not turned into a big argument that needed to be closed by a mod. (yet )

Old 03-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Active Enthusiast

I also have a Ford Escape Hybrid, LOVE it. Get 33-35 on every tank now

Old 03-17-2008, 05:03 PM

I could have used a SUV for the past two weeks. I have been painting and remodeling my house.... The lack of fold down seats made things very interesting. Luckily I had access to a standard Civic which had fold down seats!!

Good news is, the remodeling is DONE!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 07:33 AM

I was trying to get my dad a hybrid SUV, but the dealerships are making it pretty hard. With interest rates at over 9%, the payments are about 500-700/mo.

Quick Reply: Rant of the Month

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands