HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?
Yes, I purchased a Honda Care extended warranty
56.48%
No
43.52%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Thank you so much for posting this thread. The dealer said that my car would be in on June 13. Yesterday I was surfing the net and found this site and read this thread. Last night the dealer called and said my car was in. They tried to sell me a $1,900 EW and I pulled out my print out from that place in RI. They were so "shocked" at how low it was, and could not even make me an offer. I will buy the EW soon, at a fair price. Oh and I LOVE my car so far.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Originally Posted by mummydust
Thank you so much for posting this thread. The dealer said that my car would be in on June 13. Yesterday I was surfing the net and found this site and read this thread. Last night the dealer called and said my car was in. They tried to sell me a $1,900 EW and I pulled out my print out from that place in RI. They were so "shocked" at how low it was, and could not even make me an offer. I will buy the EW soon, at a fair price. Oh and I LOVE my car so far.
I spoke to them at Sanucci Honda (I bought the warranty from them) and they told me they sell all warranties at $55 over their cost. And they throw in a $25 online coupon for their parts store.

Pretty cool!

Michael

Old 06-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Hybrideriffic!

When completing the purchase paperwork for a new 2006 HCH last night at my local Honda dealer, I told them I wanted to purchase a Honda Care Extended Warranty. I then slid a printout of the prices from www.myhondawarranty.com across the desk and said I'd buy it from them *if* they'd match the online price... or I'd go ahead and buy it online.

To my surprise they matched the price without hesitation... no haggling.

Last edited by gyropilot; 06-09-2006 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gyropilot
<SNIP>

To my surprise they matched the price without hesitation... no haggling.
My dealer couldn't believe the price they were charging. They said it was below their cost. I think it was below the threshold where the sales person could make a comission They warned me it might not be legitimate so I made sure that the dealer was indeed a dealer, did a Better Business Bureau check (BBB.org) and found they had an outstanding record and no hits against the web address either.

You have a smart dealer. If I am a dealer I'd rather have a happy customer and close the deal knowing that I'm going to get them coming for maintenance and any warranty work (which is paid for, albeit at a discount, by Honda) than not...

Old 06-09-2006, 06:59 AM
Active Enthusiast

I considered it for a second and then backed down when I realized that the hybrid components had their own 8 year / 80,000 warranty.

I traded in my 97 Civic for the hybrid. It had 90K miles and no problems other than normal wear and tear. If I had been burned by the car, I probably would have sprung for the warranty (or not considered another civic).

Old 06-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Active Enthusiast

I wound up buying the warrantee from Sanucci Honda as well - 72 month/120K miles for $830, although with I'm currently doing about 3500 miles/month so I'll get there in about 3 years.

I got the paperwork from them - I thought there was a "card" or something. Or is it just tracked in the Honda computer?

I guess I need to change my vote now....

Old 06-11-2006, 08:10 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

you will get a pamphlet from Honda with your warranty card and doubles as a roadside assistance program. it got my extended warranty from them too.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by exbauer
you will get a pamphlet from Honda with your warranty card and doubles as a roadside assistance program. it got my extended warranty from them too.
Did you get it at the same time as when you got the reciept/invoice from Sanucci? Or did it show up afterwards?

Old 06-12-2006, 06:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gchu
Did you get it at the same time as when you got the reciept/invoice from Sanucci? Or did it show up afterwards?
It took about 2 weeks to get the card and warranty paperwork from Honda.

It's legitimate

Old 06-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

It is legit. Like the above said it just takes Honda a couple of weeks to process the paper work and get it out to you. If you have any questions just send them an email. They are really good in getting back to you within the hour from my experience.

Quick Reply: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands