HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?
Yes, I purchased a Honda Care extended warranty
56.48%
No
43.52%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I got a 5yr/100k warranty w/ $50 deductible on my 2005 HCH from Bernardi in MA. Paid $650. I put about 30k/yr on the car so it should only last me for 3 yrs. Bernardi neglected to mention that the Hybrid powertrain is covered for 8 yr/ 120,000 miles on the PZEV models sold in MA. I found this out when reading my manual and probably woudn't have bought the warranty had I known in advance.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I have a fear of dealer extended warranties.... maybe due to being ripped off once on an extended warranty for my old Subaru.

My 06 HCH is on order.. so I probably have a few weeks to decide yet.

I am looking at a warranty through www.warrantydirect.com.
Anyone have a warranty through here? Any opinions?

From the prices I have seen quoted, they seem rather similary priced. Its just hard for me to judge what is actually covered in each case.

FYI - i'm probably doing ~20-25k in mileage per year at this point. Due to this alone, i'm probably better suited for a 5 year / 100,000 mile extended warranty.

I also live in Massachusetts.. apparently the Honda warranty is longer here just like it is in California?

-Gary

Old 05-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Carl,

You might want to read the fine print in your warranty contract. I think there is a clause about having (x) amount of time to change your mind and cancel the extended warranty and get your money back.

Eric

Old 05-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Active Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Originally Posted by GaryW
I have a fear of dealer extended warranties.... maybe due to being ripped off once on an extended warranty for my old Subaru.

My 06 HCH is on order.. so I probably have a few weeks to decide yet.

I am looking at a warranty through www.warrantydirect.com.
Anyone have a warranty through here? Any opinions?

<snip>

-Gary
Gary, if you go with Honda and Hondacare (especially from the site in my post above), you can get a $0 deductible and also a guarantee of genuine Honda parts. Also you get 2 days car rental immediately if your car goes in for warranty service. You are obligated to keep up with the maintenance schedule (always recommended). It also can be transferred when you sell the car-a big selling point; finally you get roadside assistance with it.

Really the key is to decide how long in months you plan to keep the car, and how many miles you will go.

I think for $960 over 12 months interest free, I'm going for the 8 year 120,000 mile extended warranty. I want to drive this Civic sedan into the ground!!!

Old 05-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for the info... I did some comparison, but I still need to dig some more. It looks like the Warrantydirect warranty covers a great deal more. It includes rental car coverage plus a bunch of other stuff. They have various plans that cover to a different degree... the one I am looking at is called securexx something or other. It apparently covers most everything on the car. It has an exclusion list, rather than an inclusion list for what parts are covered. Price wise is seems pretty comparable to the HondaCare you mentioned. It is also transferrable.

I plan to drive this car into the ground, so i'm not as worried about transferring a warranty. With my commuting, I also expect to easily pass 100,000 miles in 5 years. To give a bit of wiggle room, maybe i'll look at a 6 year 120,000.

My quandary is.. hondacare makes sense as its from Honda. No doubt about it, its honda and its for their own car. The other one seems to cover a great deal more, but there is a bit of question about whether they'll pay for warranty repairs at a dealership. I'll need to clear that up. Warrantydirect is apparently the only third party online warranty service cleared by the state of CA. At least thats what I heard... *shrug*

Mmm. I am still 50/50 on which way to go.

Old 05-12-2006, 05:51 AM
Aneil Mishra, Ph.D.

Originally Posted by mickster
Gary, if you go with Honda and Hondacare (especially from the site in my post above), you can get a $0 deductible and also a guarantee of genuine Honda parts. Also you get 2 days car rental immediately if your car goes in for warranty service. You are obligated to keep up with the maintenance schedule (always recommended). It also can be transferred when you sell the car-a big selling point; finally you get roadside assistance with it.

Really the key is to decide how long in months you plan to keep the car, and how many miles you will go.

I think for $960 over 12 months interest free, I'm going for the 8 year 120,000 mile extended warranty. I want to drive this Civic sedan into the ground!!!
I also went with the Honda Care warranty for the reasons stated above, and chose the 6 year, 80K warranty option.

Old 05-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Well I just pruchased the extended warranty. Now time for me to drive it to the ground!!!

Old 05-25-2006, 04:51 PM

I bought my '06 HCH II Feb. 26 and have 3500 miles on it. Can I cash in my Honda Care warranty I bought from the dealer and buy it cheaper someplace else? Has anyone tried to cash in a Honda warranty yet?

Old 05-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

It looks like you've got 30 days to cancel, so I think you're SOL.

BTW, you've got till 6K miles to decide to go for it or not. How do they determine your exact mileage??

Old 05-25-2006, 08:13 PM

yeah, you have 30 days to get a full refund. i got mine from the link i posted in the first post and everything came in today. it took them about a week, but they had to send stuff to honda and such to get everything squared. but, it was an easy process and cheaper than getting it when i purchased the car.

Quick Reply: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands