HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011
View Poll Results: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?
Yes, I purchased a Honda Care extended warranty
56.48%
No
43.52%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I'm in CA and I bought my extended care coverage during the car purchase. Mostly because I wasn't sure if the Hybrid Technology had any issues where I might regret not getting it. I'm probably the rare statistic, but every extended warrenty I purchased has paid for it self over and over the original cost of the warranty. Extensive use on a Suburban and a BMW 540i.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

I bought my HCH used and paid $50 to get the extended warranty transfered over.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:59 PM
Enthusiast

Took a quote from net to my dealer & he matched it.

Bought a 8yr/120k/0 for 1000 even.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

About to pay for my HCH2 at Peters Honda in Nashua NH tonight.

They tried to sell me a Hondacare warranty over the phone, and I told him we'd discuss it when I came up for the purchase.

He tried to pitch a $1800-$1900 warranty price 'for the Civic Hybrid', making it sound like the Hybrid required a higher priced warranty. Of course it does not.

Quoted from MyHondaWarranty.com.. $980 for 8/120k coverage with $0 deductible. I wonder what was going through his head when he said that doubled price? (caching! I bet thats it). That price hike would instantly nullify any savings I had made from the dealership to begin with. Mmm.. interesting.

I did a rather comprehensive review of HondaCare Warranty and WarrantyDirect.com's warranty. Somewhat similar really. The rental car and lodging is less for Warranty Direct.. though slightly less. With optional emissions coverage (+~$200), and only a 6/100k warranty.. it prices out to around $1578. A tad costly I think...

The difference? HondaCare limits you to Honda dealerships where WarrantyDirect allows most any 'authorized' shop. Which includes most any certified shop out there. HondaCare also does seem to cover a certain limited range of emissions components, but maybe not for the full extended warranty. I'm still trying to figure it out. Different parts have a different warranty length it seems. Anyone know?

Exclusions seem to be very similar... if not exact. Both have some sort of roadside assistance. Not a big deal if you are a AAA member already.. which I am (also yields further insurance break).

Now.. I hope all that made sense to all reading this.

What will i do? Not entirely sure just yet... but i'm leaning towards the HondaCare now.. while before I was leaning the other way. Why? Initial cost is notably less. Coverage is similar. Being restricted to service from Honda isn't as big an issue to me. If repairs are covered by Warranty.. then I theoretically won't be paying correct?

I'll followup later with how my purchase and warranty situation turned out.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Enthusiast

I just picked up a HondaCare Warranty for my 2006 HCH with 1965 miles. I opted for the 8yr/120k no deductible for $980. I'll probably only keep the car for 5-6 years, but I figure even if I don't use it for something major in that time frame, it will give me some leverage in resale value. I know if I was looking at two similar used cars and one had a no-deductible warranty for 2-3 years and the other didn't I'd probably be willing to pay a little more for the protection - especially on "high-tech" car.

I've had an extended warranty on only one other car and it came in very handy. That one was NOT a dealer offered extended warranty but was through a third party. Not to disagree with another post that suggested that the option to have it serviced where you wanted was a plus, but with the hybrid technology, I'd rather have Honda do it.

Dan

Old 05-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dgkenney
I just picked up a HondaCare Warranty for my 2006 HCH with 1965 miles. I opted for the 8yr/120k no deductible for $980. I'll probably only keep the car for 5-6 years, but I figure even if I don't use it for something major in that time frame, it will give me some leverage in resale value. I know if I was looking at two similar used cars and one had a no-deductible warranty for 2-3 years and the other didn't I'd probably be willing to pay a little more for the protection - especially on "high-tech" car.

I've had an extended warranty on only one other car and it came in very handy. That one was NOT a dealer offered extended warranty but was through a third party. Not to disagree with another post that suggested that the option to have it serviced where you wanted was a plus, but with the hybrid technology, I'd rather have Honda do it.

Dan
Where did you get your warranty from?

Old 05-30-2006, 03:18 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rysa4
Where did you get your warranty from?

https://www.myhondawarranty.com/index.php

Dan

Old 05-31-2006, 05:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

I bought my hondacare extended warranty from a dealer in Louisiana for $825 for a 6/120k $0 ded warranty. I didn't purchase my car there, only the warranty. I found this price by searching online and it is the best price I was quoted for a hondacare warranty. My dealer wanted to charge me about double this price for one year less!!!

Old 05-31-2006, 08:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ok bought my HCH2 last night and got the HondaCare warranty through the dealer. Paid $979 for 8/120,000 with $0 deductible. They originally suggested around $1,900 for this warranty.. but I guess tossing down numerous quotes within that price range changed their mind.

-Gary

Old 05-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Enthusiast

I purchased a honda care warranty when I bought my HCH2 but cancelled when I found it on the web for alot less.I used myhondawarranty.com they were also offering 0% 1year monthly payments and a $25 parts certificate for there on line parts dept. note that if you cancel a hondacare warranty you will not get your money directly back they can only credit the amount to who is holding the loan.

Quick Reply: POLL: Who purchased a Honda Care extended warranty during or after the sale?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands