HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

How's your replacement IMA Battery holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Enthusiast
Default How's your replacement IMA Battery holding up?

Just had the IMA Battery replaced under warranty on our 2008 HCH2 at 77,000 miles. Process with the dealer was much easier than expected too.
The dealer said the old battery was only charging at about 23%. Had all the bad battery symptoms that everyone says they have too.
So, for all of you who have had your IMA Battery replaced, how is the new replacement battery holding up? And, how many miles do you have on the new battery since it was installed?
Thanks.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: How's your replacement IMA Battery holding up?

Hmm, that's good to know- I am at 37% and they would not do much. Used to be you had to get down to 15% or so, but in your case they did it at 23%. Of course every other industry considers capacity drop to even 80% of original a spent battery

Old 08-13-2012, 08:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How's your replacement IMA Battery holding up?

We had to take it in twice. The first time we took it in and they did some software updates and said to try it. Of course it was still acting up after driving away from the dealer. I called them up and they they said they would order the battery. A few days later they asked me to bring it back for more tests. That's when they came up with the 23% charge rate on the existing battery. In each case I left it at the "night drop" so it sat there overnight before they worked on it in the morning. It was always at it's lowest first thing in the morning. If you plan to take your HCH2 in, leave it at the "night drop" or after hours on a Sunday so it has to sit there before they get to it. If the battery is weak it will drain more while sitting there waiting to get worked on. At least that seemed to work for us.
Good luck.