HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

Cabin Filter Changed - Ugh!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Cabin Filter Changed - Ugh!

I don't know the price for the HCH filter, but the one for the HAH is $15 and change at www.handaaccessories.com. They sell the Micron brand CAF. I've placed a couple orders through them and have been very satisfied each time.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Enthusiast

The last three cars I have owned (subaru, nissan, toyota) all had grossly overpriced cabin filters. From other forums I discovered that furnace filters from Home Depot, or anywhere, work quite nicely. Just buy a large one and cut it into the size required. The edges may require gluing on a paper frame, mine didn't. Currently I have most of a sheet of Furnace Aire from Home Depot mesh filter left which I plan on using in the Honda when needed. I have also used the pleated paper ones successfully.

Old 05-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Could you give us a pic of your furnace /cabin air filter next time you change it out.
Thanks

Old 03-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Energy Independence

Thanks, Paul (peking)!
I ordered cabin and air filters for both my HCH2 and my Mazda Tribute a couple weeks ago from fleetfilter.com. I now have enough for both vehicles to take me past 100K miles! ($134.49, including shipping, for 4 cabin & air filters for the 2006 HCH2, and 2 cabin & air filters for the 2003 Tribute (60K on it now).
Just got 'em today. Opened box up after work, determined which were which, and in 15 minutes (in the dark, even) had changed out both the cabin and under-hood air filters on my HCH2. Both are very easy to do. Don't pay the dealer a fortune to have this simple task done! If you still feel you can't do it, bring your car to me, & I'll do them both for $10 labor, (and show you how easy it is). $10 for 10 minutes, pretty fair. Heck, for $40 total, I'll even include the 2 filters.
The NAPA Gold filters look pretty equivalent to the factory Honda filters. The Honda cabin filter looks to have a sturdier build and slightly better fit, but this is really not terribly important. It fits and will work just fine.
Their current prices: cabin filter, $12.39; under-hood air filter, $11.43.
I bought enough (over $125) to get their 15% discount, so my cost was even less. Excellent deal, I think - & no issues with fleetfilter.com at all.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

Steve, no problem. I just like to help out. I'm glad you had a good experience with fleetfilter.com. They always been helpful and friendly to me. I always end up ordering a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff a year from them. BTW, just did the air filter change a few thousand miles ago and the replacement filter fits perfectly. And I agree with you on the cabin filter but it works. Changing the two was so easy. No bolts or screws to mess with.

Have a good one,
Paul

Old 03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

Anyone have any dimensions on this filter?
I really don't think I need a HEPA grade filter, I was thinking that you could probably find the right sized air filter for a car engine (fram?) that it would fit and that could be used instead, I might pull mine out and measure it if noone has any dims.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rrunyan
MSantos makes it too hard . . .

1) Open glove box
2) Empty contents of glove box
3) Bend in side of glove box until it rotates downward (emptying everything you didn't remove in Step 2)
4) Press two clips on ends of filter tray and pull tray out
5) Remove and replace filter
6) Consume beer

If you can put gas in your car, you can change the cabin filter. Two minute job, tops.

Ron in SoCal
This is bad news to me. I rarely consume beer (I work in addictions treatment), and I live in Oregon, so I have no idea how to put gas in my car. I understand that takes years of education to achieve. My daughter lives in NJ with her family, and there, too, people are too uneducated to pump their own gas. Sad, isn't it...

(Seriously, thanks for the discussion. I will plan to stock up on filters and check status periodically.)

Old 03-05-2008, 04:46 PM
AJR
Active Enthusiast

Thanks for pushing this message up. It reminded me I have to change mine, even though I look at the darn filters every day walking out the garage (I bought them back when I first bought the HCHII from fleetfilter along with oil filters for both the HCHII and Pilot). Have enough to last through 90k miles

Old 03-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I haven't checked my filters since October or November. I don't use the HVAC that much, but I'll check them anyway.

Old 05-07-2008, 08:04 AM
06 Honda Civic Hybrid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YmGMZ728dI

Check out that link to see how to change a cabin filter in less than a minute...no screw driver or anything.

Quick Reply: Cabin Filter Changed - Ugh!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands