HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2006 civic p0a3f

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2022, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 civic p0a3f

Keith ,

I did not have time to install the coolant sensor today.

I did rev the engine When engine in normal operating temp.

The car would NOT go past 4.5 rpms it would just stop revving & start revving almost jerking on & off @ 4.500 rpms. thoughts ?

Old 03-24-2022, 05:43 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Was it behaving as a rev limiter? I don't recall if that's normal or not. Low oil can also trigger similar behavior at lower rpm.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:54 PM
Enthusiast

Replaced the ECF Coolant sensor @ radiator. did not have chance to reset check engine light.

I am having trouble replacing the center console clip/latch that keeps the lid closed . I removed both screws and founf the plastic clip to be broken. yet cannot ficure out how to remove the rod so i could then install the new clips. hmmmm

Ill have to check the oil level tmrw.

It was just being sporadic would not go over 45000 rpms jerk down then up like a fast vroom vroom vroom if that makes sense. ill report back on this tmrw

on another note insurance , liability is state minimum for the year $350 !!! WTF !!! ( dont lecture me about liability vs full coverage etc not talking to you specifically Keith, no pun intended ) my 13 CRV was $150 for the year !!! my 12 Odyssey the same !!!

having a hard time finding a CD player in the house may have to get an adaptor USB PC CD reader. Or just go to library to put the CD in USB stick FACEPLANT* 2022 problems.

Car needs a deep clean , Interior & still weary about a BAD IMA light in the near future. Guys @ greentech said the old computers had marking on it m suspect was sourced from junk yard. The battery had those same marking too. Def had hydrid related work done in the past .

Keep you posted -

I should be able to drive it as my daily starting tmrw night-

Old 03-25-2022, 09:47 PM

I had the same problem with the handle. You have to disassemble the whole lid to get to it.

$30/month sounds delightful to me. Lucky.

Full coverage on a 17 year old car? No thanks. Few of my vehicles have full coverage because my newest vehicle is a 2008.

Old 03-25-2022, 10:22 PM
Enthusiast

Cleared the codes .

outcome :

NO FAULT CODES !!!

THIS IS AMAZING !!!

AVG 40.5 miles on my way home from the Shop !!!

AVG 45 miles earlier today on my maiden voyage !!!

I really believe the guys @ greentec gave me a rebuilt battery pack as well . unofficially its my conspiracy theory. No way this car had a good battery pack. green tech guys said my old computer came from a junk yard because it had markings on it. He said the battery did too. hmmm

Ill keep you posted as to how things go with the health of the battery pack.

few other things done.

fixed the center console latch

fixed the hood release latch .

I have to check the ATF fluid level bothers me I haven't check it. going to drive what few more days flush the fluid again. also what is the proper procedure to check the ATF fluid ?

I still think the insurance amount is obscene !!

still needs deep clean interior have a few mods in line stereo / back cam/ 3rd brake light LED / Full vehicle wrap / will post as i go in this thread .. or should i start new thread for all these idk ..

What a roller coaster ride , but i cannot help to think it could all go south really quick .. its the battery i worry about now. I have not gotten NOT one recal ! drove 1 hr round -trip maiden voyage . drove home from shop 15 min away

got a drive side windshield plastic cover , i assume it holds my wiper blade flush with the windshield .. currently the end tip sticks up .. no bueno.

got splash guards , interior led kit ,

what PSI should i inflate tires for best MPG ? i check it earlier they were 40 PSI front & rear were 50 PSI i had to deflate to 32 PSI i am curious as to your take on this as well.

kk enough blabbering hear from you soon .

Old 03-25-2022, 10:44 PM

Glad to hear it.

Greentec is not known for giving away $1000+ of product for free. Given the rust, I'm assuming you're in a northern state and a mild climate (not hot). Very possible for an original battery or a salvage battery from the same climate to still be good. Time will tell.

Check CVT fluid hot on a level surface, engine off, 60-90 seconds after engine stop.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...u/NC0606OM.PDF

Flush is described on the following page.

40psi cold. Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus preferred.

Higher than spec PSI benefits in all ways except one, ride quality. It will be rougher, but it's never been bad enough to bother me.

Last edited by S Keith; 03-25-2022 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-26-2022, 10:39 PM
Enthusiast

Ok ok so I may have jumped the Gun on giving away a rebuilt battery pack ,

outside of Chicago : )

Today day#2 driving car & hit my first 2 bars on battery gauge , no ReCal & my Mileage went down to almost low 30's .

Going to go back to 40PSI on all 4 tires. See how that goes. I have the manual as a back up at least when all fails.

Really considering buying this : https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...507d2094E3h0js

I dont think these are better than OEM sanyo batteries .

Logic says that these New cells from china will be better than 10+ years of conditioned battery sticks on these rebuilt/reconditioned packs out there.

& in theory considering no one in the USA manufactures new cells/batteries . The only way to look is china, They backed up w 3year warranty . Need your take on this please.

I will consult w the guys @ greentec re: new battery pack & like you said before they are local & will honor the warranty which is also 3 yrs .

Old 03-26-2022, 11:18 PM

Two bars doesn't always mean a recalibration. Low instantaneous mpg is meaningless. When I discuss mpg, I'm talking about the whole tank.

Asked and answered:

https://electricvehicleforums.com/fo...tml#post274877

Old 03-27-2022, 01:11 AM
Enthusiast

How can i track MPG as a whole ?

Just hit the reset button when i fill up ?

Assess when i have used up the tank ?

That sound good ?

A Recal in my eyes , is when going to full bars to just 2 and well it happening over and over again usually back to back idk id say within 5 min or less of doing this i would say..

Correct me if im wrong .

Old 03-27-2022, 05:41 PM

I use https://www.fuelly.com for mpg tracking.

If the drop to two behaves like it does in the video I linked, i.e., it "marches" down one bar per second, that's a negative recalibration.

Quick Reply: 2006 civic p0a3f

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands