HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

2006 civic p0a3f

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2006 civic p0a3f

Not one negative not one positive , ReCal . I really believe that .

I hit the reset mileage minder , when i start a trip .

I get 38-44 MPG

On the B trip minder , i am sitting at 37.9 so it may be my overall Gas tank

My brother drove it and well drove it like an idiot , baha

I've been so careful coasting, on to incoming red lights. No more than 3 bars during assist.

Turning the car off @ train tracks during train.

Or waiting at drive thru.

I also , think it has a rough idle . Like a loud noise from the gas engine ?

How can i send a sample of that , or share it woth you ?

Old 03-30-2022, 11:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Performance sounds pretty decent. High 30s/low 40s was my typical result UNLESS I was doing some extreme (for me) hypermiling techniques. When I did that, I could get 50-52mpg, BUT that's what killed my IMA battery.

Auto-stop should stay engaged at a train stop unless you are using the heat/defroster.

Auto-stop doesn't reengage in start/stop driving unless you exceed something like 8mph after the last auto-stop.

These cars wear out their motor mounts pretty quickly. I had to replace them on both of mine. If the idle is constant rpm ("smooth"), but it feel like it's vibrating the car, then it's likely the mounts. The vibration goes away almost immediately after revving the car.

Old 04-08-2022, 08:59 PM
Enthusiast

No Complaints with the IMA battery or MPG's

I just had the hubs and bearing replaced as well as a ABS speed sensor when removing it cracked both front sides. $320 in parts + $340 in labor mechanic . UUFFFF

Car runs like a feathered Old school Pen , I'm in LOVE.

currently moved on to the exterior after deep washing the cloths seats and doors and dash .

Started removing Rust outside roof and left rear wheel well & left rear side rocker.

Moving on to bondo and finishing up with a Wrap !

Undecided on color yet .

Tinted windows 5% rear 20 % front.

Installed Tesla style touchsceen radio which i have to return for the climiate controls on board are not compatible due to autoclimate , no adaptor or harness available for this .. bummer so regular 10.1 " android will do & i will have to use existing stock climate controls. no biggie.

Am considering doing another CVT change i believe you said needs 3 changes to get 95% or so changed.

Am contemplating addressing the rust issue inside the engine bay , any suggestions ?

Ill post random pics of everything in the next post if you like to see ...

Old 04-08-2022, 09:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/...u/NC0606OM.PDF

Pages 195/196 except I recommend a week's driving between the changes. The way it's worded in the manual sounds like it needs a 4th change. I re-ran the numbers on amount replaced vs. total, and with 3 changes, you've replaced 95% of the fluid.

Once flushed, replace fluid every 15K miles (every other oil change).