HCH II-Specific Discussions Model Years 2006-2011

07 drivers window off track

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default 07 drivers window off track

For some reason this only happens on the highway when I "auto up" the window it goes up 90% then it automatically goes down again. I noticed the top rear of the window pops out of the track and the window goes down.

I've read a couple of threads about bulletin 06-014 for the 06 model, shouldn't that have been fixed by 07.

Also I had the windows tinted in January and the passenger side window now has these vertical streaks because the window is rubbing against the felt.

Kev

Old 05-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 07 drivers window off track

I have the exact same problem with the exact same window on my '07. Should I bring it into the dealer to look at? Is soemthing like this under warranty?

Old 05-28-2007, 03:10 PM
No Spin Enthusiast

I had this problem on my 2007 and took it to the dealer. They replaced the regulator that controls the up and down system. This is getting to be a known problem..... it was warranty and no charge. Haven't had any more problem since..... only have 6500 miles on the car.

Old 05-29-2007, 09:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

You would think they would have fixed this known problem with the '07s - but.....

I also had the problem on my 2007 at about 7000 miles. For a while I suffered with manually putting the window back in the track but figured the problem would only get worse.

The regulator was changed (under warranty/no charge) and no problem any more. According to the dealer, Bulletin 06-014 was not relevant to this problem - I don't know why (maybe because my car is an '07?).

Take it in!

Last edited by kpalmal; 05-29-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:34 AM
Active Enthusiast

There are lots of other posts about this problem. This happened recently in my 2006. The track needs to be lubricated. The technician at my dealer said that Honda has some special stuff that they use. As a safety precaution, when the window encounters resistance, it reopens. It's a very quick fix and I have not experienced the problem since.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The lubrication will eventually wear away.

Then you can lube it again, and again, or make Honda do the correct fix which involves replacing defective parts as called out in Bulletin 06-014.

Lube is a band aid used by lazy techs to make the customer go away.

Old 06-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

also - i'm fairly sure lubrication would not have helped my problem - when this occurred, the top rear of the window would actually stick out well beyond where it should have been - and rattle like crazy. Not just a question of hitting resistance and rolling back down - it never made it all the way up when it would roll back down. In fact, there was nothing it was hitting when it rolled up - when the problem occurred (which was sporadic but was becoming more & more frequent), it was not just bouncing back, it was visibly OUT of the track when it reversed direction.....

Get the regulator changed if the problem is like this!

Last edited by kpalmal; 06-01-2007 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Active Enthusiast

I had the same problem, on BOTH front windows. However, mine was a little bit of both. I took it in and it was covered under warranty. My driver side was the one going auto-up 90% then coming back to 50%. The passenger side would go up, but the front would go up faster than the back of the window and the back would jump out of the track. A pain in the butt I must say! The driver side has ONCE done the same thing after replacement, and the passenger side seems to be on track to begin causing problems again later.

If I have to take it in a second time for the same thing, I will not be happy and I will make it known. Isn't the 3rd time the charm for lemon law????

Anyway, I just passed the 3000 mark on the car (got it in April 07, fully loaded w/ NAVI, etc). I think I topped out at 52MPG on a back road with little lights and moving traffic. Typically the cars calculater is about 4-5MPG lower than actual - anyone else have that same issue??? But I tend to stay around 45 or so without the a/c on.

Matt

Old 08-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Energy Independence

Originally Posted by wick1ert
If I have to take it in a second time for the same thing, I will not be happy and I will make it known. Isn't the 3rd time the charm for lemon law????
The Lemon Law will not apply unless it's a pretty major issue. This would most likely not qualify. Frustrating, yes - lemon, no.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

I figured that would be the case. Very frustrating. The best part is, I found out that they didn't even replace them the last time, just ordered the parts! I had to comment on how they wouldn't have that part in stock at the dealership, given the known issue with the power windows.

My friend at work got an accord and he mentioned his one window makes a loud noise when going up.

He might not be lucky enough to have a spare car around to drive when his is getting worked out. I have my 98 VW Passat 1.8T that gets me about 18-20 MPG around town. Mileage sucks, power is great! Needless to say, I've tried to sell it a few times now in the local paper, but haven't gotten many bites at it.