Yukon Hybrid Inverter Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Yukon Hybrid Inverter Replacement

Hey all, in a bit of a pinch here.

I have a Yukon Hybrid that I have been doing some maintenance on recently. I go to start it up out of the blue and have a P0A1D - Inverter/Converter assembly failure.

I Can swap this inverter in about 15 minutes, that’s not an issue. I hear however from a lot of folks that you need to reprogram the inverter and I’m not sure how to do that.

I heard one guy around here saying that the dealer didn’t even want to do it unless it was their inverter.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I really would like to get this truck running and sold and I have access to another working inverter. Thanks.

Old 12-11-2022, 06:04 PM
???
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Yukon Hybrid Inverter Replacement

from what I can tell it depends on the dealership. some will reprogram things no issue, other tell people unless they install a new part from the dealer they won't touch it.

to me that seems like bs, like I have a update I need done to a volt, forgot all about it and it's passed the free period, so I'll have to play for it, just been lazy. but I'm guessing I'll just drive in and ask them to update that module to the latest software, they bill me an hour or so labor. I don't see why then would care byond that. if they say flashed a used module that say didn't work. you'd still pay them the labor. so I don't understand why some dealers are like that.

so basically I'd swap it, if it doesn't work, tow it to a dealer and have them reprogram it. I wouldn't even get into the details of why if they don't ask.

from reading around you can buy the knock off MDI2 cable, about 200$ pay the fee, I believe there's a week long plan, it will access the gm server and flash the latest software. there's long threads about it on this board and other boards. but I've not done it myself, but that's the route I'll go when I need something flashed.

Old 12-20-2022, 06:01 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I used a a local garage to install and reprogram an ABS module. That was 2 yrs ago and it is still working great. A smaller local shop might be your best bet for that type of thing. I gave the garage a Nickname "Cooter's Garage" like in the Dukes of Hazard. these guys can fix anything. I do have some rather sad news today I have listed my 2009 Tahoe Hybrid for sale. I have ordered a New 4Runner and it will be in around Mid January. Going to really miss this old Tahoe and all the fun here at the forum.

Old 12-22-2022, 08:49 AM
???
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dnt1010
I used a a local garage to install and reprogram an ABS module. That was 2 yrs ago and it is still working great. A smaller local shop might be your best bet for that type of thing. I gave the garage a Nickname "Cooter's Garage" like in the Dukes of Hazard. these guys can fix anything. I do have some rather sad news today I have listed my 2009 Tahoe Hybrid for sale. I have ordered a New 4Runner and it will be in around Mid January. Going to really miss this old Tahoe and all the fun here at the forum.
shame to see it go, check in from time to time still, who knows. maybe the new owner will pop to.