Traded the tahoe hybrid in

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 05:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Traded the tahoe hybrid in

After 18mos of ownership, I traded her in. Overall, was a great hybrid system. However, there were quality issues that I could no longer put up with. I had to replace 3 of the 4 doorlock actuators, both tailgate supports, shock absorbers, and a window motor. All under warranty, but too much for 40k miles. Last Chevy Ill ever own.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default thats too bad my yukon has been flawless

,,except for a couple of little things, I guess mine was built on Wednesday

Old 05-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Traded the tahoe hybrid in

I felt it was assembled properly. Rather, it was the quality of the parts that failed. I didn't mention other issues, like the rubber peeling off the steering wheel, or pitting of the chrome grill surround. None of the issues I experienced are attributable to poor workmanship. Mostly, just cheap Chinese parts. The worst part was I only got $29k for a vehicle I paid over $50k just months prior and still owed quite a bit more on. Out of all the vehicles I've owned, this was the first I ended up upside down on. Too bad as the GM hybrid system is excellent and the car drove quite well.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:17 PM
Administrator

not too bad of a resale. I have seen CLS550 with only 30k miles sold for $41k.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:00 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default and...

Originally Posted by evois
not too bad of a resale. I have seen CLS550 with only 30k miles sold for $41k.
you know the dealer is going to ask for 35 to 39 K....what it will sell for is the big question. Luckily I own mine outright and am in it just over 32 so Im sitting pretty right now!

Old 05-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have driven my 2009 Tahoe hybrid 16K miles without one single solitary issue other than the usual recalls. and I'm not the type of guy that would let anything slide, i have two excellent Chevrolet dealers here in Phoenix/Scottsdale that have always addressed any issue no matter how small.
I also regularly get 22 to 24 MPG on my unmodified Tahoe, I don't think i have ever gotten under 21 MPG and have gotten as high as 25.9 driving like a granny. I do pay attention to the way I drive but by I don't over do it.
I look forward to making some modifications in the near future that will increase my MPG.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Active Enthusiast

Strange how ***** has so many problems. If his problems really are due to cheap parts, as he claims, I would expect others here would have the same or similar problems. Like hybrid-theory above, I also don't have any quality issues, and I have driven mine for over 50k km and a lot of those km's in the worst of winter driving conditions.

JD Powers ranks Chevy "above average" in "Quality - Design".

Anyways, best of luck on your next vehicle *****.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Enthusiast

Door lock actuators are notoriously bad on the Tahoe's, regardless of hybrid or not. Just google around - you will see lots of similar stories.

My '09 only has 6K miles on it (I am not a high milage driver like some here are), but for me, right now, I'm happy.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slk2k
Door lock actuators are notoriously bad on the Tahoe's, regardless of hybrid or not. Just google around - you will see lots of similar stories.

My '09 only has 6K miles on it (I am not a high milage driver like some here are), but for me, right now, I'm happy.

Yep, absolutely. Had two of mine replaced. They go bad (at least this is how mine went) when you unlock while someone is pulling on the door handle. It seems only when the handle is actually moving when the servo attempts to unlock, not if they are holding it open. I did not have a relapse on either one that was replaced, and my wife is notoriously impatient when waiting for her door to be unlocked, so maybe they have a new design.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

I did a google search on faulty door lock actuators and found more sites on bad Toyota actuators than on GM's:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-c...placement.html

My kids/wife know to wait until the door is unlocked before pulling on the handle since in my last vehicle, a Silverado, if you pulled on the door handle while trying to unlock then it didn't unlock. I also tell them to be patient. Now I wonder if I should try doing this to get them to break and replaced while still under warranty, especially if the new replacement parts have fixed this problem?

Quick Reply: Traded the tahoe hybrid in

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands