Remote Start Failure

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Unhappy Remote Start Failure

Recently when I have been using my expanded key fob to start my Chev Tahoe I noticed that the 10 min timer would not display on the key fob. I also noticed that the display would flash and the vehicle would not remote start. The dealer corrected this problem by replacing the key fob and reprogramming it.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Remote Start Failure

Sounds like your remote is nicer than my remote. I just have the three buttons (plus red button) remote start key fob. No problems with mine though. I remote start everyday to make sure the A/C cools her off before I get in.

Old 11-26-2009, 04:17 PM

Hi Fjungman, I guess mine is some kind of extended range unit with a screen display of the vehicale. The screen can display time, milage, fuel level, tire pressure, remote start time counter, turn on the radio, and display the time. It has a 1/2" antenna on it and is a little bulky. There is also an antenna in the left hand side rear window.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:06 AM

I have noticed with my advanced remote start that when I try to start the vehicle sometimes after having used it once it will not start. I think that I have read somewhere that if you push a certain button again you can extend the remote start from 10mins to 20 mins. Any ideas? I will read the owners manual agian and remote start book and see if I can find anything.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:37 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default on the standard remote

Originally Posted by kklein
I have noticed with my advanced remote start that when I try to start the vehicle sometimes after having used it once it will not start. I think that I have read somewhere that if you push a certain button again you can extend the remote start from 10mins to 20 mins. Any ideas? I will read the owners manual agian and remote start book and see if I can find anything.
3 buttons no fancy doodads, you can only remote start your car twice and then the remote start is disabled until you use your key in the ignition. Its a safety anti theft feature.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kklein
The screen can display time
So yours does display the current time? I swore when I first had mine it showed the time, but hasn't for the last year. It will show time remaining on auto start, and the rest of the options you described (fuel level, tire PSI, milage).

Old 12-24-2009, 06:04 AM

Thanks Jet 1 for your help, T-Pole mine does display the time when synced to the Nav Display. You have to go to the time page on the Nav Display to sync it and hold one of the three buttons.