Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Enthusiast
Default Brakes

First off, just wanted to say that this forum is very informative!

Also, this is not to restart the whole "brake failure" debate again. (that is a long thread)

I recently had the Tahoe in for the clutch plate pressure recall. When I got home, I noticed that there is a 'delay' in the brakes. I have yet to bring it back to the dealer, just wanted to see if anyone else experiences this, or might know what is happening.

At any speed, when you push the brakes, there is about a 1/4 second delay before anything grabs. At speed it's not noticeable, unless in a panic stop (that 1/4 second seems to take for ever!)

It is very noticeable when trying to inch forward in the garage. If you keep some pressure on the pedal, it is acts normal. It's when you let the pedal come all the way back and then press it again I experience the delay.

Anyone else?

Old 12-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Brakes

Hi T-Pole,
I have not notice this.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:56 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Sounds like they screwed up the reprogramming (just a guess). The first bit of brake pedal travel is when the regeneration should start, and that should be instant. I wonder if they didn't get one of the controllers programmed properly.
I notice no difference in the braking since getting the recall work done. Take it back ASAP.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:15 AM
FLY NAVY!
Default first post...

Originally Posted by fjungman
Sounds like they screwed up the reprogramming (just a guess). The first bit of brake pedal travel is when the regeneration should start, and that should be instant. I wonder if they didn't get one of the controllers programmed properly.
I notice no difference in the braking since getting the recall work done. Take it back ASAP.
and its about brakes...in ONI we would consider that a suspect post...perhaps a new identity for an old poster etc etc...call me skeptical.

Last edited by jet1; 01-10-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: first post...

Originally Posted by jet1
and its about brakes...in ONI we would consider that a suspect post...perhaps a new identity for an old poster etc etc...call me skrptical.
My problem is not a complete failure of brakes though. I'm not trying to start a big debate either! (I have no other names here)

I've owned the Tahoe for just over a year, and it's been great.

I assumed my brake problem is a programming issue, and will take it back when I have time. I just wanted to know if I was the only one experiencing this after the recall.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:04 PM
FLY NAVY!
Default its my nature

Originally Posted by T-Pole
My problem is not a complete failure of brakes though. I'm not trying to start a big debate either! (I have no other names here)

I've owned the Tahoe for just over a year, and it's been great.

I assumed my brake problem is a programming issue, and will take it back when I have time. I just wanted to know if I was the only one experiencing this after the recall.
to be skeptical....I have experienced no issues except for the fact that it goes into V4 earlier than it did before the change.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:10 PM
Active Enthusiast

No changes in braking after the transmission reprogram on my '09 Silverado Hybrid...

Old 12-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast

My braking is fine too.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Enthusiast

Finally got a chance to bring the truck in. Service writer acted like I was nuts describing the 1/4 sec delay in the brakes, but said they'd look into it. Got a call today, they did notice it too, and fixed it. They said they had to reprogram the brake (pedal?) position sensor. Something about it was messed up from a learning process when they did the last recall.

I'll post up more if it says more on the service receipt when I get it tomorrow.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Yes, there are very detailed instructions on this exact topic when they reprogram the vehicle. There are even warning messages in the instruction that doing this wrong will result in improper brake operation. They weren't paying attention in class. Just so everyone is aware, what dealer was this, we need to keep track of the good and not-so-good hybrid service dealers.
Thanks for following up!

Quick Reply: Brakes

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands