Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Brakes

I am thinking it might be me. I may just be a little heavier on the gas/brake the last week. Been behind and running. I normally get 18.7-19.7 mpg and just filled up and only got 18.1. So it stands to reason that I am driving faster starts/stops and know I have been. I may just be blowing into stops and moving so much faster that metering it is touchy. I came in tonight and tried to duplicate what I did at first and it was a smooth as glass. So, it may be all ok, I am just driving it harder. Yes, it is different than traditional hydraulic only brakes...especially if you make a panic stop. It can be initially alarming when you do that. It almost grabs but doesn't. The Toyota Prius is the same way only will also make a clunky sound when you do that. I will continue to watch it and really appreciate the decription T-Pole and the comments back from everyone. Hope everyones New Years was great and your football teams are winning! I realize we have members all over the world but just had our College Bowl Games here and the NFL playoffs start tomorrow. Go Cowboys! I never do that, so forgive the plug.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

On mine, the brakes seem too sensitive. When I test drove the vehicle and hit the brakes, I nearly gave us whiplash. The salesman said that was common because of the battery charging by braking.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Enthusiast

Got the truck back yesterday. Seems to be fixed now. I had a friend pick up the truck, and didn't get the receipt back. Gotta find out what happened to it so I can post up an exact description of what they reprogrammed.