08 Yukon problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 07:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 08 Yukon problem

Originally Posted by zsabin425
08 Yukon 160k miles, once vehicle is hot after about 30 min driving, come to a stop and it won’t go. Check engine light comes on and after a few min it will move but very slowly. Took it to a dealership they said it was the 12v had that replaced... same day same problem... replaced the aux trans fluid control module.... same day same problem... replaced hybrid battery (Greenbean reconditioned)... next day same problem... please help I can’t keep throwing money at things that don’t fix the problem! Codes are:
p0ac4
p0bbd
U0074
p0c11
p0c13
p0c14
p0c16
c0895
just wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was. I have a 09 Escalade hybrid and having the same issues. Already replaced hybrid battery and that was not the fix any info would be helpful

Old 08-02-2020, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RaShod Chatman
just wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was. I have a 09 Escalade hybrid and having the same issues. Already replaced hybrid battery and that was not the fix any info would be helpful

I got the original problem taken care of. Put a re-cond hybrid battery in from green bean. Drove great about a month, then same problem came back. Green bean warranties the battery and installed another one, and the problem didn’t return. It did however, a few weeks later, start misfiring like a **** and shut down. Replaced plugs wires and all 8 coils. Ran beautifully for a few weeks then oil pressure started dropping and putting me into limp mode, so at that point I just got rid of the vehicle. Haven’t had a headache or cussed and hit my vehicle since! Haha

Old 08-08-2020, 09:59 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Awh, the life of a GM TwoMode owner. Most Dealership service departments have never even seen one of these and to do a proper diagnosis and repair their technician would have to take the time to do a deep dive into the GM Hybrid data. Tell you right now the service manager is probably not going to allow for that.
The way that I see this situation is that twomode owners have 4 choices.
1. Find a dealership service department that sees the twomode vehicles on a regular basis and has a skilled Hybrid tech. (No luck for me after 2 years of searching)
2. Find an independent Hybrid repair shop that has the knowledge to do a proper diagnosis and repair. (No luck for me after 2 years of searching)
3. Do all your own research and work with a local regular shop that has a skilled tech that is willing to accept a challenge (this is how I got the ABS system repaired recently)
4. Do a zsabin425 and get rid of it ASAP (man this ABS system issue almost made me do a 4 LMFAO)

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
12OBDG06 Hybrid Diagnostics.pdf (1.35 MB, 273 views)