Trasmssion Fail at 97k

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 05:55 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Transmission Fail at 97k??

did not even make it to 100k... slips in gear just sitting there on a very small incline Revving the engine nada. no code.. shifts fine in 2nd 3rd and 4th

i did get it going in M gear
i did get P061b after getting different tires(way lighter about 8 pounds lighter installed in the rear)..

this caused the computer to get upset that something was different
()
34 lbs rear tires weight ( tire only)
the front tires weight 42 lbs( tire only)

engine is running very sloppy as well engine RPM speed oscillating as well .. up and down like a yo-yo IN all gears

I have only done a Soft Reset from a OBD reader not sure if it reset the operating parameters it was "used to"

i only got 1900$ saved but i did get a new temporary part time job so if I get 2 more months i can get a brand new HV battery ?

Auto stop Not working...(everything fine when it worked)

i have not installed the new battery cables I don't know where the cables go

for the negative cable anyways...(the tiny cable that snakes to under the radiator support area? ) does the bumper have to be removed?

also what size deep socket do i need for the positive cable? they wanted 180$ at the local repair shop to do it they said 2 hour labor for both cables. :O the hardest part is the wire that goes under the radiator support area.. other wise it would be a 5min job (well 15min total)

I had been running the A/C last week and auto resume seemed fine & the transmission worked fine and smooth. as well as resume starts... (I did cycle between M4 and D to keep the battery from dipping low or high)... it started acting up on the 11th.. evening .
on the 10th everything was ok and working correctly

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 03-13-2020 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:37 PM
Default Re: Trasmssion Fail at 97k

I resat the cables
and crimped them as hard as i could

going to pull them again tomorrow for a DEEP cleaning
they are pretty dirty with dirt and grease ..

and rebooted the computer.. Auto Stop is working now
Smoothly (upon first start it did stutter a little bit) but it got better as the battery charged up it's getting 14.7-14.8volts before on a cold start it would be about 14.3volts

Old 03-14-2020, 02:38 PM

yep was the battery terminals

cleaned it up working great now even the AutoStop works correctly now and the transmission (No more shuttering or refusing to move)
all that nasty dirt preventing the electrons from flowing..

I still got the new battery cables i will hold onto them and put it in safe storeage

Old 06-30-2020, 05:46 PM

-i got it again but the transmission was acting funny. and shuttering pretty bad
P061b = bad air filter code lol

Was able to get it Fixed my self
Air filter was clogged :O with "very fine powered dirt"
The filter looked clean but a quick slam to the ground removed very fine powered dirt
I just replaced it with an OEM air filter

IAT was bad as well it was off by 15 degrees(but still shuttered while shifting to second gear with the clogged air filter)

kinda glad it was not the transmission breaking.. now i know if it happens again i can just replace the filter and it fixes the problem

now after replacement of the air filter the shutter is gone..

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 06-30-2020 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 09:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Don't know where you got your DTC info from but P061B does NOT mean bad air filter.
It is a code for "Control Module Torque Calculation Performance".
Your battery is on its way out. This code is caused by limited power output from the battery. Could be that the battery pack was too cold, or too hot, or a module is failing. Has nothing to do with an air filter.

Old 07-02-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jaime
Don't know where you got your DTC info from but P061B does NOT mean bad air filter.
It is a code for "Control Module Torque Calculation Performance".
Your battery is on its way out. This code is caused by limited power output from the battery. Could be that the battery pack was too cold, or too hot, or a module is failing. Has nothing to do with an air filter.
it also had P0069
exactly what was causing the transmission not shutter anymore with the engine on i.e D or M1-M4

P061B is a generic code it happens on ICE only engines as well

P061B Code Meaning :

P 0 6 1 b
(P) OBD-II Diagnostic Powertrain
Trouble Code For Engine

(0) Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Low
(6)Fuel Temperature Sensor B Circuit Range/Performance
(1) Engine Shutoff Solenoid Malfunction
(B)

P 0 0 6 9
(P) OBD-II Diagnostic Powertrain Trouble Code For Engine
(0)Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Low
(0)Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Circuit Low
(6) Cylinder 4 Contribution/Balance Fault
(9) Reverse Input Circuit

P0069 Fault Symptoms :

1. Check engine light comes on
  2. Engine stalling or misfiring
  3. Engine performance issues
  4. Car not starting

P061B Fault Symptoms :

1. Check engine light comes on
  2. Engine stalling or misfiring
  3. Engine performance issues
  4. Car not starting

looks like it's related

Old 07-02-2020, 02:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

WRONG again. You're pulling all the wrong info out of somewhere. I'm getting my information from the service manual written by GM. I figure they know what they're talking about.

P0069 Manifold Absolute Pressure-Barometric Pressure Correlation

Means there's a problem with your MAP sensor or BARO sensor, since the computer is not seeing the expected inputs from those sensors.

Last edited by Jaime; 07-02-2020 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:07 AM

I all ready put a new one still same code months ago( before changing the air filter) I talked to the Smog guy he deals with this stuff everyday.. he suggested to change the air filter which turned out it was plugged up with very fine powered dirt.... the same constancy of powered sugar or flower.. the shutter was only happening very specifically when hovering at 9 to 11mph, specifically while the battery was charging in a parking lot driving (you can tell when the engine is charging the battery as you can hear and see the engine load via the OBD2 reader live data )

you know if the transmission is slipping it would not work fine some days and not others
I know i had a car with a slipping transmission and it slipped ALL the time...in all the gears

the map sensor reads the vacuum so on key it will show like 91-93kPa

if its below 15-25KPa(engine running) it indicates a clogged filter as it can't pull any air in and you get a CEL... that is what triggers the code Average is 30-35 kPa while driving" idle will be about 50kPa on average
I'm not worried about the time it takes to change the air filter as I can do it in 10min or less(it's quicker to physically remove the whole air box and swap it that way rather then struggle getting the screws out )

you can't have combustion without the correct Air fuel ratio(which will cause it to stall out and or boggle down the engine aka misfire)

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 07-03-2020 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-03-2020, 10:14 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tahoe_08
you know if the transmission is slipping it would not work fine some days and not others
I know i had a car with a slipping transmission and it slipped ALL the time...in all the gears
The idea that a 2-mode transmission can "slip" like a traditional transmission is grossly ignorant.

you can't have combustion without the correct Air fuel ratio(which will cause it to stall out and or boggle down the engine aka misfire)
Completely incorrect on all points.

Why are you still posting? I though you were forcing the dealer to buy this lemon back?

Old 07-03-2020, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by S Keith
The idea that a 2-mode transmission can "slip" like a traditional transmission is grossly ignorant.

Completely incorrect on all points.

Why are you still posting? I though you were forcing the dealer to buy this lemon back?
don't be ridiculous lawyer offices are closed... because of the Chinese virus you know the one they repeat on the news for hours and hours all day

the throttle body was pretty dirty cleaned it up a bit probably going to go at it again tomorrow i pushed it open it bad news the gear inside does not feel smooth moving

i'm going to take off the intake tube again and clean it a second time I could not reproduce the engine revving after cleaning... or transmission slip(as you like to call it) i even went to a parking lot to try and reproduce it by stopping then taking my food off the brake about 6-7 times nada so far after clean it only time will tell ..

(yeah I had the whole intake tube off an did not break the tab from the coolant hose )

(it was revving when taking my foot off the brake)...

what does my engine revving having to do with the transmission IF i'm
A. not pressing the throttle (and pressing the brake)
B. i'm stopped and not even pressing the throttle

Last edited by Tahoe_08; 07-03-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Trasmssion Fail at 97k

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands