General Motors Corporation Chevrolet, GMC and Saturn hybrids

2010 Tahoe Hybrid Dies When Coming to A Stop

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 05:14 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Tahoe Hybrid Dies When Coming to A Stop

Originally Posted by T3xasR3dRum
What company did you have the battery replaced by? I just had my hybrid battery replaced which it came with a transferable lifetime warranty. Do not take it to a dealership it’s a waste of money. They have no clue about those hybrid. If you are getting the code that the hybrid system is requesting the mil light. It’s going to be the hybrid battery. If you can get your hands on a obd2 scanner you can check the cells to verify they are the same voltage.

The unfortunate thing is that the hybrid system is integrated in almost every major component. It only takes 1 cell to mess up and it will start throwing everything off. If you need some help with information about the code feel free to reach out. I can help you using my ALLDATA account to pull it for you.
Got to love these things they are like having responsibility for a small rambunctious child, there is always something wrong with it and requires constant attention.
Sigh, I am Heading out to the garage to feed my small child (2009 TaHOe Hybrid w/265k miles) a new Dayco Serpentine belt-Idler pulley-Tensioner pulley. RockAuto Kit under 100 bucks.... Maybe that will stop it from SQUEALING for a while!!!