General Motors Corporation Chevrolet, GMC and Saturn hybrids

2010 Tahoe Hybrid Dies When Coming to A Stop

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast
Angry 2010 Tahoe Hybrid Dies When Coming to A Stop

This is my first post so before I get into all my problems, thank you in advance for any help I get! I do not know much about cars but would like to try and fix it with your help. Truly appreciated!
I purchased a 2010 Hybrid Tahoe from my grandparents. I have had it 6 months and worked on it non stop. The Tahoe first was stalling and dying because the throttle body was dirty ( I forget what the dashboard was saying) I cleaned the throttle body and it ran fine for a month or so. Then the problem came back. I figured it was the same problem again so I recently replaced the throttle body and sensor with a new one a week ago. Nothing changed. When I come to a stop and the car goes from motor (gas) down to electric it dies completely. Not to the "engine stop" I mean completely dead. I have to put in park, turn the ignition off and then turn it over again. It will always start back up and let me drive off. Dash board says "service hybrid system" I have read previous threads and everyone says codes are key. I was able to use my buddy's code reader ( not sure how fancy it is) and these are the codes:
P0AC4 (Generic)- Hybrid powertrain control module requested MIL Illumination P0056 (generic) H025 Heater Control Circuit (Bank 2, sensor 2) P0161 (generic) 02 Heater Circuit (bank 2, sensor 2) P0060 (generic) H025 Heater Resistance (bank 2, sensor 2)
I should mention a week before the grandparents sold it to me, they had a company professionally replace the hybrid batteries. ($3,000) and put a new $300 deep cell battery in it as well. The battery cables are tight. They have the quick release lever on the top of the cables to lock around the battery terminal. I am trying to give you all the information I have. Like I said, I barely know what I'm doing but am not afraid to try. I do have a appointment set up for Monday 10/11/21 at my local Chevy Dealership and will give an update to what they say. Again thank you for reading all this and your help.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:17 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: 2010 Tahoe Hybrid Dies When Coming to A Stop

2 months ago I picked up a 2011 5.0 6MT and a few weeks ago was joking with my wife, "I'm surprised I haven't stalled yet just by accident since I haven't driven a manual in a while." Later that evening backing into a parking spot, stalled. It's a lot easier to drive than past manuals, the torque makes it incredibly easy to start in 1st/2nd.

Old 02-24-2022, 01:29 PM
Enthusiast

I Have a 2008 Chey Tahoe Hybrid with 175K miles that hesitates when you press on the gas pedal, or it stalls out. Engine light came on and had it read at Auto Zone and the code: P061B Control Module Torque Calculation Performance, said most likely solution was to reprogram Hybrid Powertrain Control Module(HPCM). What does this cost and does a dealer have to do this or can a mechanics shop do this? Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Bryan Haskins

Old 02-25-2022, 09:47 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

P061B I had that before how old is the 12v battery?

Old 02-25-2022, 10:30 PM
Enthusiast

12V Battery was replaced 1yr ago, I took out air filter and cleaned air box and also cleaned mass air flow with some aerosol spray cleaner and but back together. I drove around and now you can press gas’s pedal to floor and car does not die, engine light is still on.

Last edited by Bryan Haskins; 02-25-2022 at 10:34 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Bryan Haskins
12V Battery was replaced 1yr ago, I took out air filter and cleaned air box and also cleaned mass air flow with some aerosol spray cleaner and but back together. I drove around and now you can press gas’s pedal to floor and car does not die, engine light is still on.
it will go away on it's own...

Old 06-30-2022, 03:01 AM
Enthusiast

Has Chevy at any point sorted out why the Hybrids slow down? I'm fed up with carrying mine into the shop, getting costly fixes, and afterward whenever I'm driving it, it slows down at a light. Almost had a terrible mishap in unpredictable expressway traffic on the Atlanta edge, and presently I slowed down taking a left hand turn onto a roadway just in the wake of dropping $1700 to "fix" the issue.

snaptube vidmate

Last edited by Alisad; 07-01-2022 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2022, 04:45 AM

First off recheck your work on the throttle body. completely disassemble it and reclean it and carefully reassemble making sure that everything is perfect and air tight. The problem that I have seen over and over and over again is that a DIYer does not allow time to do a thorough job. They get frustrated and skip steps. If you get frustrated stop and watch some additional youtube videos. Might take you a day or two t get through that.
You did not mention the current mileage but a new set of spark plugs and wires would eliminate that simple area as a possible trouble spot.
Do you have your RockAuto account setup for online ordering of parts? That is a necessity unless you happen to be independently wealthy LOL

Old 10-16-2022, 05:02 PM

o2 sensors are bad passenger side ones,, it would be wise to do all 4 of them

Old 10-26-2022, 10:18 PM
Mobile Auto Repair

Originally Posted by AIsaacs
This is my first post so before I get into all my problems, thank you in advance for any help I get! I do not know much about cars but would like to try and fix it with your help. Truly appreciated!
I purchased a 2010 Hybrid Tahoe from my grandparents. I have had it 6 months and worked on it non stop. The Tahoe first was stalling and dying because the throttle body was dirty ( I forget what the dashboard was saying) I cleaned the throttle body and it ran fine for a month or so. Then the problem came back. I figured it was the same problem again so I recently replaced the throttle body and sensor with a new one a week ago. Nothing changed. When I come to a stop and the car goes from motor (gas) down to electric it dies completely. Not to the "engine stop" I mean completely dead. I have to put in park, turn the ignition off and then turn it over again. It will always start back up and let me drive off. Dash board says "service hybrid system" I have read previous threads and everyone says codes are key. I was able to use my buddy's code reader ( not sure how fancy it is) and these are the codes:
P0AC4 (Generic)- Hybrid powertrain control module requested MIL Illumination P0056 (generic) H025 Heater Control Circuit (Bank 2, sensor 2) P0161 (generic) 02 Heater Circuit (bank 2, sensor 2) P0060 (generic) H025 Heater Resistance (bank 2, sensor 2)
I should mention a week before the grandparents sold it to me, they had a company professionally replace the hybrid batteries. ($3,000) and put a new $300 deep cell battery in it as well. The battery cables are tight. They have the quick release lever on the top of the cables to lock around the battery terminal. I am trying to give you all the information I have. Like I said, I barely know what I'm doing but am not afraid to try. I do have a appointment set up for Monday 10/11/21 at my local Chevy Dealership and will give an update to what they say. Again thank you for reading all this and your help.

What company did you have the battery replaced by? I just had my hybrid battery replaced which it came with a transferable lifetime warranty. Do not take it to a dealership it’s a waste of money. They have no clue about those hybrid. If you are getting the code that the hybrid system is requesting the mil light. It’s going to be the hybrid battery. If you can get your hands on a obd2 scanner you can check the cells to verify they are the same voltage.

The unfortunate thing is that the hybrid system is integrated in almost every major component. It only takes 1 cell to mess up and it will start throwing everything off. If you need some help with information about the code feel free to reach out. I can help you using my ALLDATA account to pull it for you.

Quick Reply: 2010 Tahoe Hybrid Dies When Coming to A Stop

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands