Winter tires anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 06:59 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Winter tires anyone?

Hi,

This topic has come up peripherally in other discussions, but not as in depth as I would like so...

Winter is coming and this will be the first one with my FEH. I live in Montreal and go to the country often (and the city is slow to clean the snow in the city as well), so I have always used winter tires on my cars. I would like to hear from others who have purchased winter tires for their FEH to give me their impressions. What tires did they get? Did they notice a huge hit on FE? It is probably hard to tell as winter in general causes a hit in FE.

Thanks for any impressions.

Regards,

Roch

Old 09-25-2006, 10:40 PM
Technology Enthusiast
Default Re: Winter tires anyone?

Roch, I have been thru two Winters in Michigan with the stock eco-plus tires on my FWD '05 FEH and have had NO trouble navigating. Nearly 100% of my driving is on local roads and my return trip from work is at midnight when the roads have not yet been plowed or salted. The hit on FE is from 37mpg Summer down to 33mpg winter and a large part of that may be due to the Winter formulation that the oil companies use.