Winter Tire Recommendations - 2010 FEH 2WD

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2022, 11:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Winter Tire Recommendations - 2010 FEH 2WD

In anticipation of a colder and snowier than usual winter here in the Northeast, I'm looking for some recommendations for good - but not super expensive - winter tires for the '10 FEH with the factory 16" aluminum wheels (tire size P235-70R/16).

The Pirelli Scorpion Verdes I bought almost two years ago (back when the car had 60,000 miles - now at 96,000) still have some life left in them but they will not be ideal when the ice, snow and slush hit.

I'm looking for recos. on:

1) All season tires that have the "Snow Rated" Star symbol
or
2) Real winter tires that I will change back once the weather warms back up next year.

Any recommendations and help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-05-2022, 07:24 PM
Default Re: Winter Tire Recommendations - 2010 FEH 2WD

I think I'm going with Nokian Rotiiva ATs. They have a very aggressive winter tread pattern - even though they are all-season tires - and Nokian is a brand I trust for winter driving on several cars I've owned in the past. They're not super-cheap but they're also not exorbitant.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nokian-Ro...-Tire/50296330

Last edited by AlexK; 10-07-2022 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2022, 09:58 AM
2009 MMH

Costco has Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires in stock here in the San Diego area, interesting tread pattern, and I've always wondered how well they would do winter/summer
My MMH came with almost new Pathfinder HT tires from Discount Tire and the way they're wearing it looks like I won't be shopping for tires for a while.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by bkorbin
Costco has Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires in stock here in the San Diego area, interesting tread pattern, and I've always wondered how well they would do winter/summer
My MMH came with almost new Pathfinder HT tires from Discount Tire and the way they're wearing it looks like I won't be shopping for tires for a while.
They look like really nice tires and I trust Michelin as a brand, but I can't find a comparable deal where I am, even at Costco. Not a surprise that they have different deals in different parts of the country.

I am still deciding but will probably go with the Nokians. I do appreciate the feedback, though, because those Michelins DO have the 3-peak "Severe Winter Duty" emblem and for where I live that's going to be important this winter. I wouldn't try to drive in "bad weather" without having at LEAST that symbol on all-season tires. I know I'll need the FEH during snowy/slushy/icy weather.

Michelin makes a lot of really great tires - in fact I think they're *too* into niche marketing. They offer so many variations.

Last edited by AlexK; 10-11-2022 at 10:36 AM.