Where's your side Hybrid bage at?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Where's your side Hybrid bage at?

Originally Posted by 08hybridok

So if I get the word HYBRID spelled out, maybe people then will notice!

I mean anybody that knows anything knows right away mine is a Hybrid by the color, but outside this forum, how many people is that? I bet 1/2, maybe more, or Ford's salespeople (PC) couldn't even tell you Ice Blue is a Hybrid exclusive color.

I catch myself looking at some other cars, is that a civic, acura, etc Hybrid or not? The Prius is the only one so far that you know just because of the car.
Yea, you could put "hybrid" in neon, and few would notice that you have nothing more than a typical, regular, gas-guzzling Escape.

That's the Prius advantage.

Part of owning a hybrid, is the image. And only the Prius has that image.

Even Ford itself, is running a TV commercial poking fun at this. The kid wants to know why they didn't own a hybrid, just like the other kid's parents do. The kid wasn't even aware that their Escape was a hybrid, until his father carefully explained it to him. While the father fakes not knowing what a "hybrid-hybrid" is, the truth is that a Prius, and only a Prius, is a "hybrid-hybrid".

Old 11-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Enthusiast

The reason I said in my first post, should be, is i bought from somone on ebay, but off ebay. But i did get them today. Installed at dusk so no pictures yet. With the wife's opnion (after rolling eyes for the fact I purchased anyway) They got installed on the lower door, above the Escape plate. I was hoping to install up near the leaf, and while there was plenty of flat room, it didn't work out right, in my opnion. if I followed the line in the fender, it would go up hill. if I installed level, then that line would make it look crooked. And it just seemed out of place with a large hybrid, and small leaf.

Pics soon.

Now I need rear mudflaps, hopefully the new molded ones, and a chrome bug shield, if/when they become available.
I've thought about a bug shield as well, but am leery about the effect on gas mileage. It saved my hood/windshield on my last vehicle, and if you are taking the plunge, I'm sure the forum would appreciate a controlled mpg test. In the pacific northwest, winters destroy windshields from gravel on the roadways after a measley half inch of snow (can you tell I'm from the midwest?).

Last edited by teperilloux; 11-20-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Yea, you could put "hybrid" in neon, and few would notice that you have nothing more than a typical, regular, gas-guzzling Escape.

That's the Prius advantage.

Part of owning a hybrid, is the image. And only the Prius has that image.

Even Ford itself, is running a TV commercial poking fun at this. The kid wants to know why they didn't own a hybrid, just like the other kid's parents do. The kid wasn't even aware that their Escape was a hybrid, until his father carefully explained it to him. While the father fakes not knowing what a "hybrid-hybrid" is, the truth is that a Prius, and only a Prius, is a "hybrid-hybrid".
Our whole family likes that comercial. After assisting me attach the side emblems my 9yo said "Now we have a Hybrid-Hybrid-Hybrid!"

Old 11-20-2007, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by teperilloux
I've thought about a bug shield as well, but am leery about the effect on gas mileage. It saved my hood/windshield on my last vehicle, and if you are taking the plunge, I'm sure the forum would appreciate a controlled mpg test. In the pacific northwest, winters destroy windshields from gravel on the roadways after a measley half inch of snow (can you tell I'm from the midwest?).
Well I'm not getting one until I can get either chrome or possibly clear. I saw a pic of a blue Mariner with one, and it looks OK on a Mariner because they have more of a brush nickel grill vs a bright chrome of the Escape. but other than the windows, everything on my 'Scape is light/bright. I thought about the MPG too. But since I'm stuck at 30 a tank forever now, it can't get to much worse, and if I did it now, as winter arrives, I'd never know what was bug or cold, or gas, causing the drop.

Old 11-20-2007, 12:50 PM

Our whole family likes that comercial. After assisting me attach the side emblems my 9yo said "Now we have a Hybrid-Hybrid-Hybrid!"
If someone asked, I doubt my 9yo even knows we own a "Mercury" or a "Mariner". He knows it only as "the hybrid".

Old 11-20-2007, 04:29 PM

My kids love it, almost as much as we do. maybecause we said this will most likely be your first car in 7 years.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:46 PM

I still want a big cling graphic (no adhesive for me) reproduction of the leaf and road logo, for my rear window. There's a pic of someone's FEH (dealership probably) on one of the FEH related Yahoo groups... don't have URL at the ready right now.

My hubby and I have actually been in discussions about hybrid-hybrids vs. my "stealth" (FEH) hybrid. My hubby may adopt my FEH and I may get a Prius when it comes time to replace his 2001 F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (total environment-killer, yeah, bring out the pitchforks...hehe) He originally wanted to replace his truck with a Mariner Hybrid so the only change is I could unstealth. I've only had peds notice I'm in a hybrid and that's when we're at state parks... folks in parking lots are in their own world and don't even know I am there.

Last edited by GeekGal; 11-20-2007 at 04:56 PM. Reason: elaboration
Old 11-21-2007, 04:10 AM

If anybody likes the green leaf emblems, I took them off my truck the first week I owned it. I will send those emblems to anyone who wants them.

If anybody wants them, email me:

jmorton10@myrealbox.com

~John