Where's your side Hybrid bage at?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Where's your side Hybrid bage at?

Hopefully this week I will be getting a pair or "Hybrid" emblems. I want to add them to the side. Not sure why Ford dropped them this year
So where are they on previous years?
I'm thinking of adding just above the Esacpe on the lower door, but if it looks good, I'd like to add them up near the leaf.
Ideas, suggestions?

Old 11-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Default Re: Where's your side Hybrid bage at?

Should be ample photos here on GreenHybrid in the photo area to go by.

eg. 2007 FEH side view (badging looks identical to my '06 redfire FEH), another, etc.

Last edited by GeekGal; 11-18-2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: specific links
Old 11-18-2007, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Should be ample photos here on GreenHybrid in the photo area to go by.

eg. 2007 FEH side view (looks identical to my '06 redfire FEH), another, etc.
Who whould ever think to look in a photo area?!

Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 AM

PS: Your leaf and road logo looks crooked (the stock-installed one). Must just be the photo angle?

Old 11-18-2007, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
PS: Your leaf and road logo looks crooked (the stock-installed one). Must just be the photo angle?
Not crooked, maybe angle, maybe optical illusion of the road extending beyound the "box"?

Seems previous years did not have Escape emblems, and the leaf is at the bottom of the door. That's probably going to be the only flat spot to stick them. Not sure where it'd look good near the leaf anyway; behind, below...???

Old 11-18-2007, 06:15 PM

I'd pry off the Escape logo and put the hybrid one where it's located, but that's just me (I don't like the new Ford model badging, and I'm a typography nerd so I wouldn't want two different fonts in close proximity on my vehicle. Goofy, I know.)

Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Hopefully this week I will be getting a pair or "Hybrid" emblems. I want to add them to the side.
Don't you already have the "hybrid" figleaf emblems on your front fenders?

Do you really want two sets, per side? One by itself on the fender, and another one as part of the "Hybrid" text on the door?

Old 11-19-2007, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Don't you already have the "hybrid" figleaf emblems on your front fenders?

Do you really want two sets, per side? One by itself on the fender, and another one as part of the "Hybrid" text on the door?
I do have the leaf on the fender, but non hybrid onlookers don't know what the means, and from beyond about 10' you can't tell if it's a leaf or a V6. So if I get the word HYBRID spelled out, maybe people then will notice!

I mean anybody that knows anything knows right away mine is a Hybrid by the color, but outside this forum, how many people is that? I bet 1/2, maybe more, or Ford's salespeople (PC) couldn't even tell you Ice Blue is a Hybrid exclusive color.

I catch myself looking at some other cars, is that a civic, acura, etc Hybrid or not? The Prius is the only one so far that you know just because of the car.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Active Enthusiast

Where did you get those emblems? I may want to do that too. Did you get them through the dealer?

Old 11-19-2007, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by chesterakl
Where did you get those emblems? I may want to do that too. Did you get them through the dealer?
The reason I said in my first post, should be, is i bought from somone on ebay, but off ebay. But i did get them today. Installed at dusk so no pictures yet. With the wife's opnion (after rolling eyes for the fact I purchased anyway) They got installed on the lower door, above the Escape plate. I was hoping to install up near the leaf, and while there was plenty of flat room, it didn't work out right, in my opnion. if I followed the line in the fender, it would go up hill. if I installed level, then that line would make it look crooked. And it just seemed out of place with a large hybrid, and small leaf.

Pics soon.

Now I need rear mudflaps, hopefully the new molded ones, and a chrome bug shield, if/when they become available.

Quick Reply: Where's your side Hybrid bage at?

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands