Thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Thanks!

Aisin AW. For you Detroit people, the transmissions ship from Plymouth.

The discussions about trans powerflow and patents were fun to follow. The arguments where both parties were completely wrong about the particular subject were even better.

Last edited by Canon40Dg9; 01-04-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Canon40Dg9
Aisin AW. For you Detroit people, the transmissions ship from Plymouth.

The discussions about trans powerflow and patents were fun to follow. The arguments where both parties were completely wrong about the particular subject were even better.
Can you answer the question of whether or not there is a disconnect on the intermediate shaft or between the output shaft to the wheels? If both sides were wrong, can you enlighten us a bit?

Also, do you have another sign-in name on the Yahoo group called Mrbikesalot? I got a PM awhile back regarding engine braking.

GaryG

Old 01-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Enthusiast

The motor drives direct through a constant ratio. No disconnect. Generator of course goes through the planetary.

I just joined, no PMs.

Thanks, I'm outta here!! Might rejoin as a civilian when/if I get the 2009MY.

Good luck with your vehicles. I need HEV vehicles on the road to offset my Mustang emissions.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Canon40Dg9
The motor drives direct through a constant ratio. No disconnect. Generator of course goes through the planetary.

I just joined, no PMs.

Thanks, I'm outta here!! Might rejoin as a civilian when/if I get the 2009MY.

Good luck with your vehicles. I need HEV vehicles on the road to offset my Mustang emissions.
Thanks for answering my question Canon!

It's been very hard for me to not purchase the new GT 500 Shelby as a toy to play with. I owned the original 202nd made '67 GT 500 from Shelby at the LA Airport. Replaced the stock 428 inch with my own rebuilt 427 medium riser that I balanced and blueprinted myself. With the pop-up stock pistons, it produced a 13.5 to 1 compression ratio. At 7,000 RPM's, that boy was bad to the bone and second to none with me driving it.

Hope the '09 FEH is much better as it's time for a change for me! I've road this '05 hard and am ready for a change.

GaryG

Old 01-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Thanks for answering my question Canon!

Hope the '09 FEH is much better as it's time for a change for me! I've road this '05 hard and am ready for a change.

GaryG

Gary, I hope you can wait for the 09 FEH version to arrive. It should have the electronic stability control that has been missing on the current version. It is rumored to have other new surprises than many of the posters here would very much enjoy hearing back from you on this new vehicle.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Ford might ( underscore might ) have a production plug-in Escape for 2010 with ~ 25 or more miles of EV.

Good things come to those who wait!
( but don't hold your breath while waiting )
-John

Old 01-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Ford might ( underscore might ) have a production plug-in Escape for 2010 with ~ 25 or more miles of EV.

Good things come to those who wait!
( but don't hold your breath while waiting )
-John
GM is stating the Volt will arrive in 2010. If the production costs of the plug in battery do not significantly decrease (John has provided detailed information on current costs) I wonder if the Volt will have to be labeled a Cadillac opposed to a Chevy. Would Ford have to do the same thing and label the newest plug in Escape a "Lincoln"?