Spotted an FEH today.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 11:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Spotted an FEH today.

I saw another one today! Sheesh! They're everywhere!! This one was dark blue. Driving on Luke AFB. I saw it way ahead of me as I pulled onto the perimeter road. I wasn't sure, so I had to play catch up. I was quite pleased to see the hybrid emblem on the back as I caught up.

Oh, and by the way... Speed marked for 35 mph, and she was doing it!

Old 11-19-2005, 06:39 AM
Happy Owner

This past September, while driving in New Brunswick, Canada, we saw a FEH in a parking lot. Spouse insisted we turn around to get a photo of the 2 hybrids together - (they're posted on the share section)

During October we had 2 encounters. First was parked next to us at a museum. Second was when we were being interviewed for local tv station - they purchased a FEH and are doing a weekly piece on their FEH and hybrids in general (last week was piece on rescue workers and hybrids in "serious" accidents). They brought their FEH over when they interviewed us and filmed us as we drove around town for an hour - that must have been a sight to others on the road - a red and a white FEH, both in stealth mode.

Think we've seen 2 or 3 others while driving I-95 on the Northeast Corridor, but not 100% sure - they'd be going other direction or passing in super high speed lane (could't be GreenHybrid-ers if they use THAT lane).

Old 11-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Spotted a white FEH with Pennsy plates at a school I was working at today. First other one I've seen not at a Ford dealer. I was going to take a pic with my cell phone on my way out, they weren't near the door I was going into, but about an hour later they had left! Oh, well. Missed out on my chance for a Gas Pirates-type pic!! Maybe they'll be there tomorrow...

Fred

Old 11-26-2005, 06:28 AM
now Insight, had an HCH

OK, my sighting was just about worthy of a thread all by itself but I couldn't get to my camera because it was locked in the glove box (I was sitting at a stoplight though).

I was in White Settlement Texas earlier this week and two Marine recruiters were in front of me with a "US GOVERNMENT" license plates. Pretty cool as I saw their real recruiting tool too (didn't get a picture of it though). The real recruiting tool is a red H1 HUMVEE. Still thought it was neat seeing the FEH, oh, silver was the color. My spouse thinks they are backpeddling for the tree huggers for using a H1 as a recruiting tool.

Old 11-26-2005, 07:38 AM
Brains of the Operation

My only real, live FEH sighting came when I was at my alma mater for homecoming last year. Furman University's police department has bought FEH's for their new police cruisers. I saw a white FEH with blue lights on top pass by me while walking on campus, and I realized its engine wasn't on. I was very excited to see the Hybrid badge with the sharp looking leaf-and-road symbol on the stern. Weird to see an SUV as a police cruiser.

That just about doubled the number of hybrids I've ever seen in the state of South Carolina. Anybody else out there...?

Old 12-09-2005, 12:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

OK, I saw the white one again and whipped out my cell phone for proof!! I'll have to ask around to see if anyone knows who it belongs to, maybe I can hook them up with GreenHybrid.com! This is the only other one I've actually seen on the road, well, parking lot actually.

Fred

Old 12-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by team_venture
...maybe I can hook them up with GreenHybrid.com!
https://www.greenhybrid.com/promote/halfpagead.doc

https://www.greenhybrid.com/promote/membercard.pdf

Keep them in your glovebox.

Last edited by bar10dah; 12-09-2005 at 01:03 PM.