Spotted an FEH today.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Spotted an FEH today.

I passed a FEH while going southbound on the 101 in the West Valley of Phoenix. Looked either light blue or light green. The high contrast lens of my helmet makes colors different.

Anyone here?

Old 11-13-2005, 08:19 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: Spotted an FEH today.

I had an FEH behind me today at a stoplight. Man I was cussing at first due to the proximity of him while he was behind me. All I saw was the top of the hood and top half of the grill. At first I thought it was a ful size Ford truck with a bit of distance between us, then it clicked, it was an Escape right on my rear (remember an Insight has a glass back end and what I mentioned I saw was viewed through that).

He followed me out onto the Interstate bypass and once he didn't pass I told the wife "I bet that's an FEH!". I think it was the same one that made it into the poorly planned Hybrid Only Parking last Earth Day, color was white. He was the only one who DIDN'T pass me on the bypass where there was construction going on and the speedlimit was 45mph. There was one of "Your speed is...." signs and the top speed I viewed was 72mph! That's how STUPID people are around here.

Okay, enough negativity. Anyway I was thinking he may be going to same place as I (where else, the health food store) but he turned off early. Sooo, if you're on this board and have a white FEH in Pensacola FL and saw a Citrus Yellow Met. Insight with an emblem that says "Wasabi Insight" where it normally says "Insight" on the rear hatch you saw me. Mine is the ONLY one that has that. So I'll wave now (man, I can't believe there's not a :wave: emoticon)

AL

Old 11-13-2005, 08:32 PM

Your story reminds me of all the talk about drafting on this forum. Although, a lot of you suggested that this is a bad idea, quite a few of you admit to it! And then, there are others on this board that'll get upset that someone is drafting them! Of course, this isn't directed at you, Rigger. I just thought how funny our ("our," meaning greenhybrid.com as a whole) opinions on drafting quite resembles our opinions on exceeding the speed limit.

Anyways, back to the subject: I see HCHs and Pruis' all the time, so they're not a big deal. But when you see a FEH out there on the streets, gotta give a shout out!

I need to get a big cardboard sign that reads, "visit www.greenhybrid.com!" so that I can wave it out at other hybrid drivers. No, I don't want a bumper sticker or a license plate frame...

Old 11-13-2005, 08:44 PM
now Insight, had an HCH

It's hard to draft at a stoplight, quite pointless actually Once we got on the road he was wayyyyy back there. I have to give him a BIG pat on the back for being the ONLY person doing the speed limit.

I've been noticing more FEH lately too. I think it's because I'm looking for them more.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by rigger
I had an FEH behind me today at a stoplight.
Wow, I missed your first sentence. Sorry.

But anyways, my post had nothing to do with you, really. I was just commenting on something that came to mind. Frivolous, really.

Old 11-13-2005, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by rigger
I've been noticing more FEH lately too. I think it's because I'm looking for them more.
I'm starting to. I don't know if it's because more of them are on the road, or because I wish I could trade our Escape V6 in for one.

While at Ford to get an oil change, I picked up an '06 FEH brochure. Man oh man...

Old 11-13-2005, 11:35 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I've seen a several Prius', a few HCHs, an Insight, and another FEH, outside of the hybrid cruise on the roads.

Before I got mine, I saw one on the Southfield every time I used it for several weeks. When I got mine, he was no where to be seen. It's hard to know if I see FEHs, it seems like every third car around here is an Escape. No joke, there's three on my street (let alone subdivision), including another dark gray one. I've come out to the parking lot once to find 7 Escapes in the row; of the 5 spots next to my car, 3 of them had dark gray Escapes in them, but none were FEHs.

Old 11-14-2005, 04:08 AM
reformed speed demon

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
Before I got mine, I saw one on the Southfield every time I used it for several weeks. When I got mine, he was no where to be seen. It's hard to know if I see FEHs, it seems like every third car around here is an Escape. No joke, there's three on my street (let alone subdivision), including another dark gray one.
the one on the southfield was probably heading to ford HQ. my husband works there and sees them all the time in the parking lot. and yes, every third car really is an escape around here...every 4th is a gm pickup of some sort, and *everyone else* fills the remaining car positions

i don't notice the HCH as often, i think because they look the same as the ICE models. not until i'm 10ft from the bumper do i see the little hybrid tag. i follow a few prii to and from work on 8 mile. an occasional white one in the mornings heading east driven by a woman, and a silver one in the afternoon heading west driven by a woman.

i haven't seen any FEH in weeks! before i picked up my car i used to see a grey '05 near my neighborhood a lot. the best way i know to spot them from a distance (aside from the bumper color on the 05) is the back window vent on the driver side. i need a driving buddy to share the speed limit with on 8 mile in the mornings...there's one stretch that's posted 40mph and people often do 65!

Old 11-14-2005, 04:43 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pravus Prime
It's hard to know if I see FEHs, it seems like every third car around here is an Escape. No joke, there's three on my street (let alone subdivision), including another dark gray one. I've come out to the parking lot once to find 7 Escapes in the row; of the 5 spots next to my car, 3 of them had dark gray Escapes in them, but none were FEHs.
There are a TON of "regular" Escapes in this area, lots of Ford dealers in South Jersey, I keep looking for the "Hybrid" emblem or the vent on the left window, but none yet!!! I think I was actually behind a Honda hybrid, forget which flavor, it was a few weeks ago.

Fred

Old 11-14-2005, 04:56 PM

Hi Bar10dah:
Originally Posted by bar10dah
I passed a FEH while going southbound on the 101 in the West Valley of Phoenix.
Originally Posted by bar10dah
Your story reminds me of all the talk about drafting on this forum. Although, a lot of you suggested that this is a bad idea, quite a few of you admit to it!
___Admit to it? I promote it! The real question is why weren’t you given the Escape HEV is a wonderful draft target

___Rigger, you have got to love Hybrid drivers … And only a future hypermiler would consider drafting an Insight! Hmmm, I like this guy already

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Quick Reply: Spotted an FEH today.

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands