HCH spotted!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default HCH spotted!

Wow, what a great day for hybrid spotting!! I think I saw something like 8 of these cars today. All over the place here in Phoenix. I usually mostly see the Pruis. But today, Hondas rule!

Old 12-14-2005, 07:38 PM
now Insight, had an HCH
Default Re: HCH spotted!

I took off work today and I saw several HCH I's today and EVEN an Insight (of course I saw some Prius II's as well).

Also left a GreenHybrid card on a HCH, seemed to be a very devoted owner with a license plate that read, "CORDLSS". Please don't be at me for touching your car, I was just trying to be . Don't you just love emoticons? Now, how about some color (just kidding).

So far - no HCH II sightings in my area. OH! I can't forget the Insight I was behind yesterday, it had a very special bumper sticker. NRA (National Rifle Association) Something I never expected to see on an Insight. (Disclaimer: that doesn't mean it was a bad sticker, just surprised to see it on an Insight)

Old 12-14-2005, 08:53 PM

Oh, and I did not overtake a single HCH today! And, I don't drive slow! Guess these HCH pilots don't care to hypermile.

Wish I could have placed a GH flyer on any one of the (must have been around 15-17) hybrids I saw today. But, kinda hard to talk on the cell phone, program my Navi, channel surf on the XM, shave, clip toe nails, and drink my cappuccino and still be able to lean out of the window at 65 mph and reach over to the windshield wipers of the next car to place the flyer. Maybe with a little more practice...

Old 12-14-2005, 09:09 PM

Hi Bar10dah:

___You mean you aren’t watching a DVD on the NAV screen while you are doing all that too? Man, you have to get with the program

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 12-15-2005, 12:29 AM

I'm still waiting for the hack... which I think I read on some other forums for the Acura. Should be the same for the Hondas.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:29 AM

Funny, I saw a HCH (first-gen) today as well, and I never see them around. I could tell it was a HCH because of the HOV stickers; wouldn't have noticed otherwise. I've never seen a 2006 HCH and in fact I almost never see regular 2006 Civics. In time...

Old 12-15-2005, 12:33 AM

I spot them by the antenna on the roof. I have to get fairly close to see it, though. From the back, I just look to see if there's a large badge on the bottom passenger corner, under the tail light.

Almost the same for the HAH. I look for the antenna on the roof.

How can one tell the '06 Civics and '06 HCHs apart? Besides the mooncaps? I've seen quite a few '06 Civics, but couldn't tell if any of them are hybrids.

Old 12-15-2005, 01:15 AM

Hi Bar10dah:

___The HCH-II has the same/similar antennae as the AH does. Thick stubby guy right in the middle near the rear window. The non-hybrid’s antennae are buried in the glass IIRC. The 03 - 05 HCH-I’s have a long skinny whip antennae in the middle just behind the front glass.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 12-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Oh, and I did not overtake a single HCH today! And, I don't drive slow! Guess these HCH pilots don't care to hypermile.
We can hypermile and go the speed limit. Actually I can only hypermile 3 months out of the year so I should talk.

Funny yesterday I was at a light with an Insight (a rare sighting). He actually beat me off the line and raced out ahead of me. He still probably used less gass than me...

Old 12-15-2005, 07:47 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have yet to see an HCHII up here in the northeast and I drive an hour each way to/from work. I have seen just a few of the reg 06 civics and I must say they look sweet!! Especially the coupe's.

Quick Reply: HCH spotted!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands