Should We Start / Does One Exist - Owner's Club?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2021, 01:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Should We Start / Does One Exist - Owners Association/Club?

I said to Skelly in his "rookie" thread: "I think these cars are excellent choices for someone like yourself, who can spend the needed time to do the work correctly and keep them running. The parts are available and the manuals and good will and cameraderie exists, esp. on this forum."

These cars have a lot of special and unique qualities, were made over a relatively limited span of time, and a lot of them are still being driven by dedicated owners or people who are wondering "what they're getting into" . From what I've seen, the FEH forum is *always* being viewed by at least 20 guests and sometimes as many as 100 or more. It far outstrips many of the others here at EVF in posts and views over the years, which says something for a car that was last made in 2012. People like these cars, and I think they're "more than the sum of their parts."

I'm wondering if an Owner's Association or Club exists for these years of Escape Hybrids from 2004-2012? Should we start one? Since there is a high level of interest and cameraderie among their owners - total strangers here - and I still see a lot of them on the road, I'm wondering whether something like the Turbo Motorcycles International Owners Association would work?

I want to start one and if anyone else has the same idea, I'd be happy to share the "founders privilege" with them, I think it would be a cool idea. These cars have the benefit of being nationwide, people in all kinds of places own them, and meetups and so forth could plausibly be arranged. And they're SUVs, so camping and cookouts and so forth could happen.

Anyone interested? Please let me know your thoughts here or via PM.

http://www.turbomotorcycles.org/

Note: Maybe TMIOA is not such a great example because those motorcycles are so much older, were made in much smaller quantities, and are quite a bit more "esoteric" as transportation. (They're still very cool though, as anyone who owns a good Honda CX650 Turbo can attest). I think an FEH Owners Association would be more vibrant and viable, given how many of them I still see whenever I drive around, including pizza delivery drivers and PSE&G employees in New Jersey. I see them all the time - they're on the road, they're still being used as fleet vehicles, and people sometimes pull up next to each other at stoplights, which is rare for cars like this.

Last edited by AlexK; 05-26-2021 at 02:15 PM.