service the regen system???

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default service the regen system???

A few days ago, I was driving my 05 FEH with 32,000 miles on it when it made a ding noise, the little yellow wrench on the dash lit up & the message center said "service regeneration system"

When I got to the next light, I shut it down & restarted & the wrench went off & it's been fine ever since.

I made a living as an auto mechanic for 12 years some years ago, but it was way before any vehicle had a "regeneration system"

Does anyone know what might be involved in servicing such an animal????

~John

Old 12-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Default Re: service the regen system???

Originally Posted by jmorton10
A few days ago, I was driving my 05 FEH with 32,000 miles on it when it made a ding noise, the little yellow wrench on the dash lit up & the message center said "service regeneration system"

When I got to the next light, I shut it down & restarted & the wrench went off & it's been fine ever since.

I made a living as an auto mechanic for 12 years some years ago, but it was way before any vehicle had a "regeneration system"

Does anyone know what might be involved in servicing such an animal????

~John
John, I know anytime you disconect the 12V Battery, you must recalibrate the brake system. It sounds like (opinion here) you loss calibration for some reason (computer glitch?). The manual says, and I saw the Ford hybrid tech make this mistake with MY FEH, you must restart the engine and press the brake pedal in "Park" so the computer will recalibrate the brake system. The tech pressed the pedal and shifted to Drive and almost ran my FEH into the shop wall.

If you don't have anymore problems, I wouldn't be too concerned. I thought you said you have a SG? Any trouble codes?

GaryG

Old 12-17-2006, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG
. I thought you said you have a SG? Any trouble codes?

GaryG
I do, it isn't showing any codes.

~John

Old 12-17-2006, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by jmorton10
I do, it isn't showing any codes.

~John
It appears everything is back to normal John, so is my '05 FEH! Enjoy!

GaryG

Old 12-18-2006, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by GaryG
It appears everything is back to normal John, so is my '05 FEH! Enjoy!

GaryG

Oh, I'm enjoying it all right(even if my mileage went in the toilet when the weather got cold here)

I LOVE this truck, I have made a ton of mods to it that I never would have done if I wasn't planning to keep it a long time.

~John