Recall service done along w/10k service

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast
Default Recall service done along w/10k service

GOt my '05 HCH out of service yesterday. My lifetime (per trip meter B) is 43.5. The tank I went in on had about 100 miles and was at 44.6 (trip meter A). I got it back with no additional miles, trip meter A showing 44.2 and NO BATTERY CHARGE AT ALL (based on the guage) ! I was somewhat concerned as I noticed this pulling out, the green charge bars came on (3 0r 4) and immediately the battery pack started storing. It took 4 or 5 miles and I was fully charged. The mpg went back up to the 45 range (i typically float between 42 - 45) and i may be extra sensitive, but the battery seems to keep virtually 90-100% charge all the time. I have not seen a drop in mpg that you might think you'd see if the system was always trying to charge. Also need to check tire pressure as they rotated the tires. Still early but I see no ill effects of the recall service, only better...................pete

Old 09-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Recall service done along w/10k service

Are you saying that after the recall work the battery stays charged more than it used to? I haven't received any recall letters on my '05 but would be interested in anything like that that would potentially extend pack life.

Old 09-29-2005, 07:13 AM
Enthusiast

Seems like it used to drop to a lowere level before the 3-4 bar "uphill charge". Now it goes down 5-6 bars and the "force charge" occurs. I need to test a bit more and will advise. I have this tank at 46.1 with about 200 miles on the tank. Rarely have I gotten to that level although the weather is very mild at the moment and so no a/c with windows rolled......will update but so far I like whatever they did.

pete

Old 09-29-2005, 07:34 AM
Tim
Enchanter, Enthusiast

This was discussed several months ago. The conclusion was that during the computer upgrade recall, Honda will idle the engine for some 20 minutes as a part of the procedure (if I recall correctly - however that's close if not exact). My tank FE droped some 10 MPG while at the dealership - no miles driven. I can't exactly explain the battery, however I recall a number of folks also commenting on that. I'd say what you experienced is typical. Fill the tank and start over - you should return to normal.