Replace factory radio? 06 WITH nav.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy Replace factory radio? 06 WITH nav.

Hello all,
I have searched and searched and SEARCHED all over the internet, including this site, for an answer.. I have an 06 escape WITH navigation. I can't stand not being able to plug in my ipod somewhere. I know i cant be the only person in the world who wants to change their factory navigation system in this model car. On another forum this guy gave me a link for the sonic electronic website. I fell in love with a couple of them. mostly the JVC KW-AV50. But there isnt an option to click hybrid escape to see if itll fit. I don't know if i have a mach audio system, that's new to me.
Im desperate here lol. Crutchfield says nothing is compatible; and i just don't believe that.
any suggestions ?! help is much appreciated. =)

Old 10-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Replace factory radio? 06 WITH nav.

I replaced my Stock radio with a Kenwood DNX7100 double din headunit. This is a 7 inch screen. Crutchfield states it does not fit. If you can use a Dremmel drill and slightly enlarge the plastic covering it fits.
Name:  scanguage4wdcrusingwithoutuseofrearwheels.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  73.6 KB

Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Enthusiast

is it just a little dremeling to get most of the double din units to fit?

I'm not too nervous after seeing crutchfield say modified fit, but i wasn't sure what that involved...

Old 11-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Enthusiast

I just bought a 2005 and have the same problem. PIE is out of the interface adapter and can't tell me when they will get more. Out of desperation I may replace the head unit. My only concern is the loss of the hybrid drive info. Does disconnecting the stock unit cause any problems. I am assuming it is just a information display.

Old 11-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cytomark
I just bought a 2005 and have the same problem. PIE is out of the interface adapter and can't tell me when they will get more. Out of desperation I may replace the head unit. My only concern is the loss of the hybrid drive info. Does disconnecting the stock unit cause any problems. I am assuming it is just a information display.
NO problems with disconnecting the stock unit. You can replace almost all of the Ford Hybrid drive information with a scanguage or similiar device.