Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Replace factory radio? 06 WITH nav. (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/replace-factory-radio-06-nav-28191/)

meliibellyxo 10-09-2012 04:13 PM

Replace factory radio? 06 WITH nav.

Hello all,
I have searched and searched and SEARCHED all over the internet, including this site, for an answer.. I have an 06 escape WITH navigation. I can't stand not being able to plug in my ipod somewhere. I know i cant be the only person in the world who wants to change their factory navigation system in this model car.:( On another forum this guy gave me a link for the sonic electronic website. I fell in love with a couple of them. mostly the JVC KW-AV50. But there isnt an option to click hybrid escape to see if itll fit. I don't know if i have a mach audio system, that's new to me.
Im desperate here lol. Crutchfield says nothing is compatible; and i just don't believe that.
any suggestions ?! help is much appreciated. =)

Billyk 10-09-2012 06:33 PM

Re: Replace factory radio? 06 WITH nav.

1 Attachment(s)
I replaced my Stock radio with a Kenwood DNX7100 double din headunit. This is a 7 inch screen. Crutchfield states it does not fit. If you can use a Dremmel drill and slightly enlarge the plastic covering it fits.
Attachment 2746

dabs 10-10-2012 09:04 AM

is it just a little dremeling to get most of the double din units to fit?

I'm not too nervous after seeing crutchfield say modified fit, but i wasn't sure what that involved...

cytomark 11-08-2012 01:25 PM

I just bought a 2005 and have the same problem. PIE is out of the interface adapter and can't tell me when they will get more. Out of desperation I may replace the head unit. My only concern is the loss of the hybrid drive info. Does disconnecting the stock unit cause any problems. I am assuming it is just a information display.

Billyk 11-17-2012 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by cytomark (Post 245461)
I just bought a 2005 and have the same problem. PIE is out of the interface adapter and can't tell me when they will get more. Out of desperation I may replace the head unit. My only concern is the loss of the hybrid drive info. Does disconnecting the stock unit cause any problems. I am assuming it is just a information display.

NO problems with disconnecting the stock unit. You can replace almost all of the Ford Hybrid drive information with a scanguage or similiar device.