"Recall" on 2005 - 2007 FEH and 2006 - 2007 MMH

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:51 AM
It is easy being green
Default Re: "Recall" on 2005 - 2007 FEH and 2006 - 2007 MMH

Originally Posted by stevewa
So, is there anyone here who had their vehicle inspected and were told that they didn't need the harness?
they do not need to inspect the vehicle to see if the work needs to be done, it is a vin specific recall. ford does not pay for inspection time.

It is also not required to disconnect the 12v battery to do the recall work, but some tecs still like to.

Also on another note, my boyfriend pulled up everything having to do with the recall work from ford, and i learned that it is not required for a certified hybrid tec to do the recall work, so you may want to make sure who is going to do the work when you drop your FEH off at the dealership

Old 10-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Enthusiast

The tech that did mine said my 12V battery was not disconnected either. My
long term fuel trim did not change; nor did my MTE, INFO, or radio settings.

rb

Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
OT7
Enthusiast

My 12V battery was not disconnected.
No change in vehicle behavior.
Repair order had 2.40 hours & harness part number

Old 10-12-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by KermitCar
they do not need to inspect the vehicle to see if the work needs to be done, it is a vin specific recall. ford does not pay for inspection time.

It is also not required to disconnect the 12v battery to do the recall work, but some tecs still like to.

Also on another note, my boyfriend pulled up everything having to do with the recall work from ford, and i learned that it is not required for a certified hybrid tec to do the recall work, so you may want to make sure who is going to do the work when you drop your FEH off at the dealership
My case was not the standard situation with the recall work because my FEH was dead with both the 12V and HV battery. It is very possible my 12V system was not even disconnected until I changed the 12V battery. I have also learned that testing the 12V battery is not like the standard procedure with all the modules in our FEH/MMH. However, I did lose some of the data and memory as I stated before the 12V change and also after the second tow to the dealership. The data I lost was not with radio settings, but things directly related to the PCM and KAM.

GaryG

Old 10-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Also on another note, my boyfriend pulled up everything having to do with the recall work from ford, and i learned that it is not required for a certified hybrid tec to do the recall work,
At my local Ford Dealership, the service manager stated only the Certified Hybrid Tech was allowed to perform the work.

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 10-12-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 PM
It is easy being green

Originally Posted by Billyk

At my local Ford Dealership, the service manager stated only the Certified Hybrid Tech was allowed to perform the work.
Quote from letter sent by Ford to all dealerships

"NOTE: While it is not required, we recommend that this service procedure be performed by a technician that has completed the Hybrid Escape / Mariner New Model Classroom Training"

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 10-12-2007 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote from letter sent by Ford to all dealerships

"NOTE: While it is not required, we recommend that this service procedure be performed by a technician that has completed the Hybrid Escape / Mariner New Model Classroom Training"

Maybe you can scan this letter with the above statement so all of us can learn something most of us don't know --the Escape Hybrid at the dealership can be worked on by non-certified hybrid technicians.

I have been to three dealerships (one local and two out of state near my family) and this is news to me. One of the out of state dealerships canceled my appointment for an "oil change" because they contacted Ford and were told they would not be allowed to do this routine procedure because they did not have a certified Hybrid Tech on staff. So I was sent to another Ford Dealership for this oil change and engine block heater installation which is featured in another thread.

Last edited by Billyk; 10-13-2007 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-13-2007, 10:56 PM
It is easy being green

Originally Posted by Billyk
Maybe you can scan this letter with the above statement so all of us can learn something most of us don't know --the Escape Hybrid at the dealership can be worked on by non-certified hybrid technicians.

I have been to three dealerships (one local and two out of state near my family) and this is news to me. One of the out of state dealerships canceled my appointment for an "oil change" because they contacted Ford and were told they would not be allowed to do this routine procedure because they did not have a certified Hybrid Tech on staff. So I was sent to another Ford Dealership for this oil change and engine block heater installation which is featured in another thread.
he will not let me copy and paste the whole thing, but he told me that anybody can work on a hybrid as long as it does not have anything to do with the HV battery system (transmission, brakes, battery pack and high voltage cables) i.e recalls, oil changes, and routine maintenance.

Old 10-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Enthusiast

I have a MMH 07 and got the letter (in VT) last month. Just had the work done and it was no biggie, although the first dealer I contacted (where I purchased the car) begged off from doing it because they didn't have the proper shop equipment yet--something dealing with a hoist (for removing the battery) and a wooden bench and liability issues. The second dealer (who performed the recall) said the first was speaking with forked tongue.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:19 PM

Here is a link on why Ford is replacing this item inside the Hybrid Battery. http://www.hybridcars.com/technology...ent-costs.html

This article doesn't mention Ford but details problems some Toyota owners have had with their HV battery going south.

Quick Reply: "Recall" on 2005 - 2007 FEH and 2006 - 2007 MMH

Contact Us -

• Your Privacy Choices
  • Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands