P1A10, Another "Stop Safely Now" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast
Default P1A10, Another "Stop Safely Now" Thread

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid 4WD 39k
I received a stop safely now (SSN) message when turning over my escape. It ran for a minute than it flashed SSN and stopped. I can no longer turn it over.
12 volt battery is less than 30 days old. Battery charger says it has a full charge. Most of my warning lights on the dash are on.

DTC's:
P0562
P1A10

Xguage Traction Battery Voltage reads 300
(TXD 074522490b)

I did not get a state of charge reading. Should I? Where do I go from here?

Old 09-04-2020, 12:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: P1A10, Another "Stop Safely Now" Thread

300V is dead flat

If "Xgauge" refers to a ScanGauge, it can't read MANY hybrid specific codes. Recommend Forscan or professional grade diagnostics.

Old 09-04-2020, 12:36 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
300V is dead flat
Darn. Yes. Xguage is the fancy guage of scan guage 2.
So now what? How can I "jump" the hybrid battery?
I don't know if I am competent enough to build my own jumper, whithout some hand holding.

I guess I could tow it to my dealer, but I doubt they have the tools to work on a hybrid as they refused it service before.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Old 09-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast

Follow this link by S Keith https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...ry-jump-31056/

Here is my video of it.

Old 09-04-2020, 02:03 PM

But before you go there... Forscan. Unlikely the HV battery is the source problem given that it ran "about a minute".

Old 09-05-2020, 08:23 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by S Keith
But before you go there... Forscan. Unlikely the HV battery is the source problem given that it ran "about a minute".
What am I looking for in Forscan? DTCs? Voltage?

I really don't want to jump the battery like in your instruction manual. I am not very good with anything electronic. But if 300 is dead, do I really have any other choice?

Old 09-05-2020, 09:30 AM

DTCs

Old 09-05-2020, 09:49 AM
Active Enthusiast

one woman who posted here took her battery out and took it to the phoenix area to get it charged, and if i recall
correctly she then also had a home build charger to charge it if something happens again (she was in albuquerque)
also posters here have gone to junk yards and bought a battery (300 as i recall), but then you still have to have
a charger to charge it (more than likely).
a charger is sold on ebay for the ford escape hybrid (pricely at 799 as i recall).
the woman in albuquerque got a quote from the dealer and it was a little over 2 thousand (tax included (services are taxed in new mexico));
dealer does not guarantee that it will charge the battery though.
Are you sure that it runs for about a minute (mine was low and it would run for about 3 or 4 seconds)???
i have a 2009 FEH limited.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:21 AM
Enthusiast

A few months ago (back in March 2020) my HVTB read 298 volts and the only choice I had was to follow the instructions from S Keith, that is diagnosing it using forscan to find out exactly the DTCs and state of charge of the battery.

This happened again (back in late July) my HVTB was discharged when I flooded my FEH, and all i had to do is get a voltage reading from the battery and charged it with my LED power supply for 45 minutes and it ran fine since then.
It is becoming a common problem that my HVTB gets discharged when not in use for a long period of time, ei. one week.
I have a 09 FEH

Old 09-05-2020, 10:50 AM

This situation is not consistent with typical HV battery discharge. Speculating on the need to charge it is just speculation. Proper diagnostics need to be done.

Even if the HV battery needs charging, the description suggests that something else is wrong, which may impact HV charging and would thus need to be fixed after HV battery is charged.

Full DTCs needed from Forscan or a professional diagnostic tool.

Conversations without the above are a waste of time.

Quick Reply: P1A10, Another "Stop Safely Now" Thread

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands