Over-heating a concern?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Over-heating a concern?

Originally Posted by stevedebi
Yes, they sell the bottom one separately. I asked. You have to call them up and order by phone.
At what price?

Old 05-15-2008, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by MyPart
At what price?
Here is what I got, but you might want to check the prices, I think they have gone down somewhat.

The part # for the stainless bottom grill only is 24-4117 (no blockheater hole). The price is $85.83 plus shipping and tax if applicable.

The part # for the black powder coat is 20-4117 and is $103.00. The black powder coat generally takes 4-6 weeks as it is a special order.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:12 AM

Too rich for my blood... I think I'll try saving a few $$ and make something myself.

Thanks for posting up a price.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:57 AM

Yes, they sell the bottom one separately. I asked. You have to call them up and order by phone.
Thanks Steve, will do.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

The part # for the stainless bottom grill only is 24-4117 (no blockheater hole). The price is $85.83 plus shipping and tax if applicable.

The part # for the black powder coat is 20-4117 and is $103.00. The black powder coat generally takes 4-6 weeks as it is a special order.
I paid $155 for all three pieces in the stainless, $85 for one third of the product seems a little steep.

Someone asked how shiny the stainless is - it goes really well with the chrome package which I have on my 08. I find myself smiling when see it because I think it looks a little like a rap music artist with a mouth full of capped teeth - lots of 'bling'

Anyways, I like the chrome but the powder coat might look pretty cool if your paint was black.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Valiant Indecision
I paid $155 for all three pieces in the stainless, $85 for one third of the product seems a little steep.

Someone asked how shiny the stainless is - it goes really well with the chrome package which I have on my 08. I find myself smiling when see it because I think it looks a little like a rap music artist with a mouth full of capped teeth - lots of 'bling'

Anyways, I like the chrome but the powder coat might look pretty cool if your paint was black.
155 is now listed for the winter shield, the others are at 166. All types of black are 203. One has to add shipping as well, $35 last time I checked in my case.

I will go for black if I buy. It will blend in with the current look of the front end, actually providing a bit more contrast than the stock look.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Default Ordered Mine

I walked out this afternoon and noticed a mark on the right front bumper. It was obviously a rock injury, but had it struck a couple of feet to the side it could have put a hole in my radiator. So I went to cloud rider and ordered the mesh grill cover in black. I'm sure it will be many weeks before it arrives, since all the black ones are special order.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Valiant Indecision
So, I bought my grill inserts to help keep a little more heat in the engine area - so I can get into EV a little sooner (or stay longer).

I'm actually thinking that it will make a bigger difference after I've parked for a bit and then start up again. I have a feeling that right now the engine cools off a bit too much and then needs to "reheat" when I get going again.

... anyways, my question is this: do you think I need to be concerned about over heating the FEH if I leave the grill inserts in all summer?

I'm thinking that I may leave one out (maybe the middle) for summer but does anyone think I should leave another one out?
I just ordered my "breeze" ones, and I noticed that the Cloud Rider website says to remove the winter ones when it gets above 32 degrees F, and replace them with a summer model.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Personally, I would leave the radiator cover on up to 55'F. 60 degrees, if I were driving really gentle.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Personally, I would leave the radiator cover on up to 55'F. 60 degrees, if I were driving really gentle.
I don't know, the FEH still uses an ICE, and the issue with any ICE is heat, because that is what exploding gasoline produces - heat.

Quick Reply: Over-heating a concern?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands