Order question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 04:37 PM
N/A
Default Re: Order question

Denver is usually a decent indicator, as we are a big market for these vehicles and they get here quickly from KC. So I dropped by three dealers on my way home Sunday to see if I could get a feel for what's really going on. I also stopped by my own dealer today for service.

Two dealers had none and show none on the internet search. Three 4WD units were in stock at the third, and two are on the lot. One with no options and the other has every option available. At my dealer today, the internet now shows three units. I found two of them in the back just off the truck.

Other dealers that showed no inventory last week are reporting units in stock this week, but this is only what I saw on the 'net. And we all know that what's actually on the lot is often a different story. These may be "incoming" units and already sold.

So hopefully there is cause for a bit of optimism. The people at KCAP are making as many as they can, as fast as they can. It stinks right now, but I think this situation will be resolved before the end of the year.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I was at my local dealer this morning, and they had two '08 hybrids available in stock. A black one with most, if not all, options sitting in the showroom. A blue one sitting in their outside display area just in front of the showroom, with no options.

Does someone want to go for a plane ride??

Black Window Sticker

Blue Window Sticker

Last edited by WaltPA; 08-20-2007 at 06:51 AM.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

I wonder if another dealer could have it transported for them....probably the dealer there wont let them go though.

Wonder when they were produced? Be curious to know if dealers are still getting there orders in.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I think dealers would only swap with other local dealers, if at all. And this dealer is the only hybrid certified Mercury dealer in my area.

My dealer seems to always have a couple in stock. I don't know how they do it, but they seem to get them in at the same rate as they sell them.

Besides, I think private shipping charges would be more than a plane ticket.