NAV system for 08 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: NAV system for 08 FEH

Originally Posted by DSM62
My Mercury Mariner 08 Hybrid Nav System stopped working. First stated that the disk was not compatible. Same disk that has always been used. Then when I popped it out, cleaned, and put back in nav system states an error that the Nav System is unavailable. The dvd sounded like it was spinning the disk instead of reading it. Does that mean that the DVD drive has probably worn out and will have to be replaced? Can the DVD drive be taken out and repaired? All other functions seem to work fine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
That is just about how my DVD drive started failing. I investigated getting the drive repaired, however Ford only swaps the whole unit out.

Puts me in my current debacle of not having the HEV screen due to an apparent programming issue (not being able to program a <5 year old car).

Good luck!