My brand new '07 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default My brand new '07 FEH

Hello all,

I've been checking this forum for a while, but I've never posted anything. I had an '05 FEH FWD. I bought it in December of '04, but I traded it in on a brand new '07 FEH FWD this weekend. It worked out that I just traded them straight up with no other money and still lowered my payments by about $25 per month. It worked out like that because I got a much lower interest rate this time, and the dealer honored the Z-plan discount that I get because my father is a Ford retiree. The first dealer wouldn't honor that (It's at their discretion). So far I love the new one. I had all the options on my '05 and got all the options this time. But, "all the options" now means more: heated seats, heated side mirrors, moon roof, reverse sensors, sunglasses holder, and the doors automatically lock when you start driving (I didn't realize that one until I was leaving the dealership. Must have missed it during the test drive.) It's also got a different theft deterrent system, but I haven't looked into how that's different, yet.

Anyway, I have a question. I remember with my '05 the "break-in" period with my real MPG, but is there a "break-in" period with the MPG reported by the Fuel Economy Display? According to it, I was getting about 47 MPG on the way home from the dealership (all city). Since then, it's dropped to about 36MPG and is staying there. The best I ever got with my '05 was about 33 MPG. In fact, my last tank was 33MPG. I haven't changed my driving habits in a week, and I would expect it to be lower since it's brand new (it had 29 miles when I left the lot). I guess I'll know for sure when I fill up for the first time.

Thanks for any insight,

Mark

Old 08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: My brand new '07 FEH

Congrats on the new ride. I have contemplated trading my '05 for an '07 but have decided to hold onto it for the time being. I like it too much to give up. Besides, in the last couple weeks I have been getting the best mileage I have ever gotten (last tank was right at 38 mpg).

I do like the sound of all the new options and that all probably explains the 1 mpg decrease in the rated fuel efficiency.

The '07 should have a passive anti-theft system that the '05 didn't have. Not sure if there are other differences in the security system.

The improvement in your mileage could be attributed both to some improvements Ford made to the vehicle but is more likely due to the improvements to the driver since you got the '05. I was able to do much better in the '06 right off the lot and have always wondered whether the '06 is that much better or if my driving style was improved. I never saw the drastic 1000 and 3000 mile jump in mileage like in the '05 and like many people see when they break in a new FEH.

Which tires did your '07 come with. Do you have the Continental EcoPlus?

Enjoy the new car. Let us know how the car drives/performs versus the '05. I might just talk myself into test driving one.....