Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: max miles in ev mode

Not quite 2 miles for me

Old 07-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Active Enthusiast

i was out all day in my feh and the best so far is about i mile i lve on cape cod and around my house the roads are kind of hilly with mod traffic every time i drop down into ev mode a car gets up behind me so i have to speed up and it turns on the ice but if i can be on the road by myself i can cruise in ev for just about a mile but sometimes i think the ice turns on too early but not sure does anyone have this problem or is it normal i know they say the max in ev is 30 mph but sometimes it kicks in at 20 mph i have only had this truck on the road since friday i have only had it for a week and a half it's a 2005 with 82,000 on it.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cowboy
i was out all day in my feh and the best so far is about i mile i lve on cape cod and around my house the roads are kind of hilly with mod traffic every time i drop down into ev mode a car gets up behind me so i have to speed up and it turns on the ice but if i can be on the road by myself i can cruise in ev for just about a mile but sometimes i think the ice turns on too early but not sure does anyone have this problem or is it normal i know they say the max in ev is 30 miles per hour but sometimes it kicks in at 20 miles per hour i have only had this truck on the road since friday i have only had it for a week and a half it's a 2005 with 82,000 on it.
Did you know the experienced FEH hypermilers "shift" their gears while they drive? Sifting from D to "L" and/or D to "N" with one or two light and quick brake taps is frequently performed. Do you have a scanguage? This piece of hardware can tell you a lot of information.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Enthusiast

Have about 75 mi on our '09 AWD so far. Info center ave mpg at about 30mpg. I tend to raise it when I drive and my wife tends to lower it by a couple mpg. I had hoped to contribute some data on EV but as a novice hybrid driver, I am almost embarrased to say I can't pick up yet on when I switch between EV and ICE. This vehicle is so quiet and smooth that I can hardly believe it. I thought the transition would be obvious. With no radio or fans on, I still can't pick up on when it goes ICE, I just know that no ICE when at stops. No NAV or SCAN-GUAGE. Can I tell from the battery indicator or RPMs with any certainty? I dont get to drive it too much because my wife really likes it. Impressed with its get up and go for a 4 cylinder vs the '05 I test drove.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Rilian, Check the tach. If the RPM's are less than 0 and in the "green zone" below that, you're in EV. If the RPM's are >0, then you're most often in a hybrid mode where both the ICE and Battery are supplying acceleration.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Billyk
Did you know the experienced FEH hypermilers "shift" their gears while they drive? Sifting from D to "L" and/or D to "N" with one or two light and quick brake taps is frequently performed. Do you have a scanguage? This piece of hardware can tell you a lot of information.
Hi Billy

The '09 FEH cannot be shifted into EV like prior models and I'm not even sure the double tap works either. This model goes EV by just letting off the gas pedal in "D" and will even go EV at a steady state speed under 40mph. I have to watch the tach to even tell I'm in EV or not it's so smooth. This FEH rides like one of the best cars you've been in. My hypermiling tricks don't work for the most part, but if you drive it real easy, it will hypermile on it's own. I just accelerate to any speed under 40mph and let off the gas for instant EV now. The key seems to be P&G and it does it so well because of this new powerful I-4 that has much more torque at low RPM's. You can accelerate at 1,500 RPM's to your desired speed under 40mph and go EV and shift to "N" for the glide. You can also just hold 40mph in "D in traffic if you need too.

GaryG

Old 07-31-2008, 06:30 AM
FEH Tsaritsa

Originally Posted by GaryG
Hi Billy

The '09 FEH cannot be shifted into EV like prior models and I'm not even sure the double tap works either. This model goes EV by just letting off the gas pedal in "D" and will even go EV at a steady state speed under 40mph. I have to watch the tach to even tell I'm in EV or not it's so smooth. This FEH rides like one of the best cars you've been in. My hypermiling tricks don't work for the most part, but if you drive it real easy, it will hypermile on it's own. I just accelerate to any speed under 40mph and let off the gas for instant EV now. The key seems to be P&G and it does it so well because of this new powerful I-4 that has much more torque at low RPM's. You can accelerate at 1,500 RPM's to your desired speed under 40mph and go EV and shift to "N" for the glide. You can also just hold 40mph in "D in traffic if you need too.

GaryG

Hi Gary

Congratulations on your new 2009 FEH I'm looking forward to reading about your experiences with it, in comparison to our 2005 FEH's

And to see how long before you change the photo in your signature for some even *more* impressive numbers