06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 03:57 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default 06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Hi. This is my first post on Green Hybrid, I have been reading for a few months but never contributed. I have about 1,600 miles on my 06' HCH. Today I was able to stay in continous EV mode (no fuel consumption) for two miles. This was on my way to work on a stretch of fairly flat road. As I held the throttle position the assist bars would contiune to chagne from 1-4 back and forth as the car rolled down the road and up and down I few slight highs or changes in road elevation. Normally The car switches on the ICE going over these parts but it maintained EV the whole way without having to re-engage EV mode. I may have even gone farther on EV mode if I was continuing on that road and didn't have to turn into work. On the way home, I was albe to do this again and maintain it the two until I reach the interstate. I am also now able to use EV mode occasionally at highway speeds more so than I have been before. I guess this has just been through pratice, but it leads me to believe that there is a lot more potential with the new IMA then I previouly thought.

Old 12-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Default Re: 06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
On the way home, I was albe to do this again
Great, I was hoping to hear that so we know it's not simply an imperceptible downhill slope. How fast were you driving?

I haven't even attempted to use EV-mode but it is really easy now (2000 miles) to drive 40-55 mph with a very high value on the instantaneous-MPG bar, like somewhere around 60-70 mpg. The car definitely breaks in nicely.

Old 12-13-2005, 04:36 PM

For the two miles strecth I was only driving about 40 MPH. However I have accomplished EV on the highway at speed between 55-60.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Adam_HybridCivic
For the two miles strecth I was only driving about 40 MPH. However I have accomplished EV on the highway at speed between 55-60.
That sounds very promising! I haven't been able to do it for that long (except downhill), but I've only put 1200 miles on Sparky so far. I have noticed that my ability to hold EV and sustain I-FCD readings in the 60-70 range is getting better as I put on miles though. Did you pump up your tires beyond the recommended 32 PSI? I'm running at 40 right now.

Oh, and welcome to GH!

Old 12-13-2005, 05:23 PM

No I haven't over pumped my tires yet. I actually don't even know the pressure. If I had to guess the are underinflated because since I last checked the temperature has significently dropped and I know that with a drop in temp. tire pressure drops as well. I will check and fill them tomorrow.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:32 PM
G.H. Contributor

Adam; welcome to GreenHybrid and it sounds like you are really enjoying your 06 HCH. Way to go on the FE.
Terry

Old 12-13-2005, 05:47 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Adam_HybridCivic:

___Excellent information. What kind of segment FE have you received in those last 2 commutes? They have to be way up there, right? I hope, I hope I hope

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

Old 12-13-2005, 05:59 PM

My FE for the trip today was 62.4 MPG, this included a few trys of P&G on the Highway, shadowing behind a large box truck and the two mile segments of EV mode. However, my mileage for the current tank has been my lowest yet. This is to to the large drop in temp over the last week and a half and I lot of short trips I have taken to the store or up the street or whatever. I went from my last tank of about 55 MPG to the current tank of 36.2 so far. Checking my tire pressure might help as well.

Old 12-13-2005, 06:29 PM

I do this everyday too, continuous EV-mode on multiple 0.5-1 mile downhill sections of 280 at around 55 mph.

However my question to you is, how is your state of charge? Mine usually falls to four bars of battery charge and forces me to have 1-3 bars of regen when i'm not in ev-mode.

Old 12-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Welcome! Where in MD are you? Which dealer did you buy from? I got my HAH from Colleg Park Honda, and was less than impressed.

You ain't kidding about the temp drop this past week- from 50 to 25 on my morning drives- 19 this morning.

Quick Reply: 06 HCH EV Mode for Two Miles

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands