Let's save Ford - Who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Let's save Ford - Who's in?

A few days ago I was invited to one of those market research events. I had to sign a confidentiality document to get in.

ARGH! Being here and unable to speak...

Did any of you guys go too? If you did, you should know what I'm talking about.

If I had money, and having seen what I saw, I would buy Ford stock.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

OK, I'm in as of today! Now I'll try not to look at it in the short term...

Old 11-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Shame on the big three for pissing off so many customers for decades. Shame on their attitudes that they are doing the customer a favor by letting them buy their vehicles....

Yes I say at this point that Ford needs every customer they can get. Yes I say that losing even one is too many in these times...

Shame on you Ford, but after this fiasco with getting my feh (my SECOND ONE) I vowed never to spend another cent on your products...

And I never will.....

GOOD LUCK FOMOCO, perhaps if you do get bailed out, you will LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS NEXT TIME AROUND....

Old 12-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superserial
The GreenHybrid.com bailout package:

Tommorrow at the opening bell I will buy $1000 of Ford Stock at the opening price. The closing price yesterday was $1.84 close to it's all time low from not too long ago.

It's a gamble and I don't recommend you do it unless you have $1000 to play with, BUT I really don't think the Government will not bailout Ford and keep them afloat at least for some time. The fundamentals are shot but what I'm counting on is the Government money keeping them afloat at least until the economy picks up. I will probably hold it until I make between $5000-$10,000 or until the company goes bankrupt, but I'm counting on that not happening. If it does, oh well.

So, who's in?

super
Here we are less than one month after this proposal/suggestion and if you bought at $1.84 per share (it got down to around $1.19 some days later), you would have earned an 84% increase as of stock market close Mon 12/8 when the price was $3.32 per share. GREAT Advice. And it seems certainly possible - maybe likely - that the prices will continue to rise since it is becoming clear that Ford is in the best shape of the "big 3" and congress will provide a bailout package. - By the way Thank You - I'm in with some of my IRA money.... and glad I am.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Feral Engineer

Originally Posted by 08FEH
Shame on the big three for pissing off so many customers for decades. Shame on their attitudes that they are doing the customer a favor by letting them buy their vehicles....

Yes I say at this point that Ford needs every customer they can get. Yes I say that losing even one is too many in these times...

Shame on you Ford, but after this fiasco with getting my feh (my SECOND ONE) I vowed never to spend another cent on your products...

And I never will.....

GOOD LUCK FOMOCO, perhaps if you do get bailed out, you will LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS NEXT TIME AROUND....

Feel better now?

Old 12-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08FEH

Huh?? granted I don't know your "fiasco" story, but the FEH is a limited production vehicle, and like all limited items, avaibility is ummm limited! Would you cry if you had a hard time finiding a limited production lamborguini, Rolls Royce, etc. etc.? But just because it's just a FORD, it's OK to complain about limited #'s.

Like I said I don't know your story, maybe it's the one of the price increase from order to delivery, and I agree, the price at ordering shoud be it, esp if $ down up front. If no down payment, like airline ticket, price is subject to change until purchased. But on that same not, if you buy the ticket and later the price for the flight increases, you should not be charged the new price, since you locked in at the original rate.

I hope, and feel it will, Ford survives. Im my opnion of limited knowledge, Ford products are better than GM. At least in the trucks I've had experience with. You close a door on a GM/Chevy, it goes clank like a tin can, you close a Ford truck door, it goes thunk, like something solid. & better feeling seats. But like I said, in my limited knowledge I've only ridden in a few GM products. Chrystler makes some good minivans tho.

Old 12-09-2008, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by travelover
Feel better now?

Yup! Thanks for asking!

That is EXACTLY the attitude I am talking about. If you don't already work for them, you SHOULD APPLY! You would fit right in!

Last edited by 08FEH; 12-09-2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: added 2nd line
Old 12-12-2008, 08:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Screw'm...!!

Along with GM & Chrysler.

I was a loyal Ford fan from 1961 to 1992...

Last new Ford was a 1984 T-bird.

It was bad enough having to deal with dealers that were purely out to screw the customer but by 1990 Ford, in comparison to Toyota, had clearly LOST their way.

Even an idiot would have recognized that the Prius HSD system would NOT be viable in a heavier truck-like SUV.

Now, put the HSD system in the unit-body CX-7....

Old 12-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Feral Engineer

Originally Posted by wwest
Screw'm...!!

Along with GM & Chrysler.

I was a loyal Ford fan from 1961 to 1992...

Last new Ford was a 1984 T-bird.

It was bad enough having to deal with dealers that were purely out to screw the customer but by 1990 Ford, in comparison to Toyota, had clearly LOST their way.

Even an idiot would have recognized that the Prius HSD system would NOT be viable in a heavier truck-like SUV.

Now, put the HSD system in the unit-body CX-7....
It must be great living in the past. Say hi to the Fonz.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by travelover
It must be great living in the past. Say hi to the Fonz.

That's funny because "living in the past" is EXACTLY what got the US automakers where they are today...

Quick Reply: Let's save Ford - Who's in?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands