Let's save Ford - Who's in?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Enthusiast
Default Let's save Ford - Who's in?

The GreenHybrid.com bailout package:

Tommorrow at the opening bell I will buy $1000 of Ford Stock at the opening price. The closing price yesterday was $1.84 close to it's all time low from not too long ago.

It's a gamble and I don't recommend you do it unless you have $1000 to play with, BUT I really don't think the Government will not bailout Ford and keep them afloat at least for some time. The fundamentals are shot but what I'm counting on is the Government money keeping them afloat at least until the economy picks up. I will probably hold it until I make between $5000-$10,000 or until the company goes bankrupt, but I'm counting on that not happening. If it does, oh well.

So, who's in?

super

Old 11-13-2008, 03:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Let's save Ford - Who's in?

If only I had that money... I did buy a FEH 2009.... hope that helps.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:33 AM
Red
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

You are the smart one. I bought $5k at $5.

I can't think of another stock that has the upside potential that "F" does. The recovery will occur just a quickly as the downturn did. In three years it could be as high as $15 a share.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:08 AM
Active Enthusiast
Location: New Jersey. Land of high auto insurance and pollution.

Wish we could...It would be nice to offset the 47K our retirement account just lost.

Old 11-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

If I had the $ I might, but I don't. I understand we helped Ford lose when we purchased our FEH, I hear somewhere, Ford sells tham at a loss to start with.

As for other Stock potential, check out LUV ! An airline still making profits, and announced 2 international code-shares to start in 09 & 10.
(Plus my wife & I would love to keep our jobs, not that we have a new FEH & House!)

Old 11-13-2008, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast

Already have 3000 at $ 1.90. I'm thinking the government will come through and Ford will recover.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by superserial
The GreenHybrid.com bailout package:

Tommorrow at the opening bell I will buy $1000 of Ford Stock at the opening price. The closing price yesterday was $1.84 close to it's all time low from not too long ago.
Yeah, but that doesn't translate any money to Ford that they can use to build better cars--it just helps another "scared rat fleeing a sinking ship" settle for pennies on the dollar with their investment.

I do think that Ford has decent potential upside, but I'm not bullish enough to put in money. The bottom line is that even if the government bails out the big three, the majority of Americans are finished with American cars. Even if they came out with a car that could beat the Japanese makers on every level (like the Mondeo or Euro Focus), it is not going to change the minds of people in this country who preceive the domestics to be lacking in quality.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:43 AM

The latest editon of the My Ford magazine I get, it showcased a few of the 09 or 10 vehicles Ford is bringing into the US market from abrod (Europen mostly) I don't recall what models were mentioned, and it was 1/2, the other 1/2 will be in next months edition. One I thing was a Focus and it advertise an insaine mpg #, like 68, or 86, or something way out there! 58?? I know it makes the Escape look like an Excursion in the mpg #'s.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:49 PM

That was the European Focus with a diesel engine. No, this engine can not presently pass emission laws in this country. The other issue, is EU fuel economy testing is performed in a different (easier) manner than the EPA does here in this country. Thus, higher mileage rating for European vehicles. A goggle search on this subject will reveal the difference.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I already gave Ford $34k, that should more than cover my share.

RE: GM, they don't get it. I supported them for 10 years before changing to Toyota due to QC problems. Now that Ford's quality is as good as Toyota, I gave them a chance.

For all the spending I've been doing in the last 6 months, if this country goes under, it's not due to my actions.

Last edited by colchiro; 11-13-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Let's save Ford - Who's in?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands