Joined the club

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:09 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Joined the club

Originally Posted by way2muchkc4u
Nice. What year and color does your cousin have? I do love my Blak Pearl! Also you write like a bot. Are you using a translator?

Have a good one!
You just replied to a spammer posting a couple ads in his footer.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Joined the club

Originally Posted by colchiro
You just replied to a spammer posting a couple ads in his footer.

Yes i did. after reporting all his post....

Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got back from California last night (to Missouri). After 1860 miles, mileage on the SatNav Radio showed 29.5 mpg, although actual mileage calculated from gas receipts was 27.5 mpg (the radio showed 31 mpg after the rockies, but the headwind in Kansas just killed me). Still, I was pleased as I was traveling 70-75 mph, and at times in the Rockies. Across Kansas I was amidst a storm front with rain and a east headwind, all with 4 adults and luggage. What was really surprising to me was the power of this little rig. Going up those big mountain hills, the engine would just seamlessly spin up, the eCVT would spin down and the rig just kept on climbing. Very pleasant trip, all in all.

Gary, can't wait for the P&G instructions! Very satisfying puttering around town today in EV with not a sound, save the whirl of the electric motor.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by chaunceyjb
Got back from California last night (to Missouri). After 1860 miles, mileage on the SatNav Radio showed 29.5 mpg, although actual mileage calculated from gas receipts was 27.5 mpg (the radio showed 31 mpg after the rockies, but the headwind in Kansas just killed me). Still, I was pleased as I was traveling 70-75 mph, and at times in the Rockies. Across Kansas I was amidst a storm front with rain and a east headwind, all with 4 adults and luggage. What was really surprising to me was the power of this little rig. Going up those big mountain hills, the engine would just seamlessly spin up, the eCVT would spin down and the rig just kept on climbing. Very pleasant trip, all in all.

Gary, can't wait for the P&G instructions! Very satisfying puttering around town today in EV with not a sound, save the whirl of the electric motor.
If I can find the time this weekend I'll try to add to that thread with part 3. I can't say enough about the effects of headwinds and high speeds killing MPG. I'm sure you would not have used any of my techniques on your return trip because of bring everyone home in the quickest way. No problem with me but start a mileage log at cleanmpg.com when your serious about watching your progress with MPG.

If I were you, I'd order a SGII now from Wayne at http://www.cleanmpg.com/ and start looking for the Helms '09 Ford FEH manuals on EBay for the best price. At least get the PCM/ED and two volumes of Workshop manuals. These tools will pay for them self in a short time. I own 4 SGIIs and complete sets of manuals for each of my '05 and '09 FEH. Understanding how your FEH works will help you understand how to use the techniques I use to work for you.

GaryG

Old 09-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
If I can find the time this weekend I'll try to add to that thread with part 3. I can't say enough about the effects of headwinds and high speeds killing MPG. I'm sure you would not have used any of my techniques on your return trip because of bring everyone home in the quickest way. No problem with me but start a mileage log at cleanmpg.com when your serious about watching your progress with MPG.

GaryG
drove home tonight using basic p&g. SAT/NAV showed 48.8 mpg. this little rig is amazing!