Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 04:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HV Battery Jump

Thank you!

Old 10-10-2023, 04:24 PM
Enthusiast

Yeah the info on here is WAY BETTER than anything on YouTube.

and just to finish my story. Charging was successful… only took about 30 minutes to get to 320v but I let it go for an hour and a half and got to 345v. It started perfect, ran for 15 minutes and the gas motor shut off.

I cleared all the old codes through forscan and no codes since. (Other than a blend door code in the hvac module lol)

I was able to do this without unbolting the hv battery at all… the two side torx bolts were a little tricky but that was it.

I did the battery balancing and all looks great.

thanks again for all the help guys!!!

Old 11-16-2023, 08:41 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you to all contributors for documenting your knowledge in this thread.

I am having trouble getting my 2009 FEH to start.
I followed the charging procedure to charge my 2009 Ford Escape. I used the HLG-120H-C350A 430V LED driver to charge my battery pack.
I used ForScan to monitor before and after charge.
Pre-charge voltage was 257v. After 4 hours of charging the max voltage was 339v.
Pre-charge SOC was 1.2%. After 4 hours of charging, the SOC did not increase and stayed under 1%. The Delta between Min SOC and MAX SOC increased from 40% to 50%.
Although the battery pack voltage increased with charging, the battery State of Charge did not increase. How does the computer calculate the State of Charge? I thought Battery SOC was determined by the battery voltage.

One thing to note is that before charging I had full voltage at the 2 vestigial jumper wires. At some point, I connected an old jump starter module I had from a previous 06 battery pack. I plugged this in to see if the connectors fit.
After disconnecting the jumper module, I no longer have voltage at the vestigial wires. Could something have shorted something out in the battery or in one of the modules that is causing the BSOC not to increase?

I have performed the BCM Module reset and BCM self-test multiple times. After self-test I get error code 'P0AA7 - Hybrid Battery Voltage Isolation Sensor Circuit'. From the previous posts, it appears that this should not be disabled to hybrid batteries and can be caused by the charging leads to the relay. I removed my charging leads to the relay and I still receive this error code. Another code that I got was 'C1862-20 - Contactor Circuit Failure'. This was not a permanent code and I think I got it because I disconnected the fuse.

I am attaching ForScan pre-charge and after-charge live data screenshots. I am also attaching trouble code screenshots. All feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

FORSCAN Before Charge 257v ---- 1.20% BSOC

FORSCAN after charge 339v --- 0.30% BSOC

Old 11-16-2023, 09:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The BCM calcualtes SoC based on voltage RESPONSE to current at a given temperature. Grid charging rarely results in any significant increase in SoC as the input current is very low. When the car starts, and it begins charging the battery from the engine, it will re-compute SoC.

Low SoC alone will not prevent start. Low SoC + low votlage will.

P0AA7 can be caused by the harness due to the induced magnetic field causing feedback to the main terminals. It can also be caused by other issues.

If you remove the service plug, you will not get voltage at the vestigial plugs.

Old 11-16-2023, 10:39 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you for the reply S Keith. The vehicle is not starting because the battery is disabled by PCM. I am aware that removing the service plug will result in no voltage at the vestigial connectors. I did have full voltage at the vestigial connectors at one point. However, after test-fitting my 06 jumper pack by plugging in the connectors, I no longer have voltage even with the service plug in the locked position.

I suspect temporarily plugging in the jumper back from a 06 model may have shorted or blown a fuse. The first place that comes to mind is the service plug since it connects the negative and positive sides of the battery packs. I bought a used service plug to make sure the original is not bad but I still get 0v at the vestigial wires. Do you know of other fuses that I need to check? Both service plugs that I have appear to be in working condition because I do not get the 'High Voltage Fuse' error code when it is in the locked position. When the service plug is removed, I get a High Voltage Fuse error code.

Old 11-16-2023, 04:57 PM

Here's what the Ford manual says about P0AA7:

Old 11-17-2023, 07:40 AM
Enthusiast
Thumbs down Re: HV Battery Jump

Does anyone know what this mystery connector does? My 2009 has it but nothing is connected to it... it's located towards the front on the driver side.

Old 11-17-2023, 08:57 AM

Engine block heater

Old 11-17-2023, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast

Engine block heater?

I was referring to the left front driver side of the HV battery. Please see the diagram. I've circled the connector in red.

Old 11-17-2023, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by herrjon
Engine block heater?

I was referring to the left front driver side of the HV battery. Please see the diagram. I've circled the connector in red.
Yes.

Quick Reply: HV Battery Jump

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands