HV Battery Jump

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 02:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: HV Battery Jump

Thanks for the reply, ...... will update on the progress once the electrons are inserted.....let see how it does....

Old 05-10-2020, 02:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

07 2A/250VAC fuse. 1A might blow.

Old 05-13-2020, 06:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

what kind of connectors are on the leads at the HV battery (relay);
do you use - alligator clips or something else?
how have built using hlg-120h-350b - do not have readings yet
09 feh
left it sit too long

Old 05-13-2020, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by fglaustin
what kind of connectors are on the leads at the HV battery (relay);
do you use - alligator clips or something else?
how have built using hlg-120h-350b - do not have readings yet
09 feh
left it sit too long
Picture in post #53. You should probably read the whole thread, particularly post #1

Last edited by S Keith; 05-13-2020 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:25 PM
Enthusiast

S Keith thank you so much for the detailed procedure! I've order the pieces on mouser and should be receiving and building charger next week.

One question: Is it possible to open the battery and do this procedure without removing the battery pack from vehicle but properly disconnecting it?
It seems this person did it:
no mention of how though.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to avoid the back breaking lift since i don't have an engine lift device like it shows in manual or know anyone to lend me one :-(

Old 05-23-2020, 04:42 PM
Enthusiast

Well....I will try the whole procedure in practical after few days ( delayed 'cause of whether condition ) keeping HV battery in FEH or it has to be removed for better. I have built the charger with two diod in DC side and a fuse on AC side. Will update once it is set with the battery and charged.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:07 PM

Please read the thread starting at post #1

Old 05-23-2020, 11:17 PM
Active Enthusiast

that person did not say that in the video - perhaps that is said in the body of the youtube explanation.
However, it is possible because I just did it. It is Not a easy task but i had no experience. i actually took out the back covers (of the fans) and
that was not necessary.
there are 4 bolts on the sides (2 on each side) that are the main problems. I think those 2 big bolts on each side i got out without lifting up
the battery assembly - i took them out with a vicegrip. But there are one small one on each side of the top cover that can only be accessed
by lifting up the entire battery assembly - And i did that. I used a roofers shingle-lift tool to get a slight lift and put small wooden wedges under the
angle-iron feet of the battery compartment. I continued with one side by putting successively larger blocks of wood and got to the point of using 2 x 4
until i could get the security bit into the bolt and i then unscrewed it with a cresent wench on the security bit (only). Lifting the side at the back bumper is
easy since it is light weight - the front is very heavy

Old 05-27-2020, 11:37 AM
Enthusiast

Hi, S. Keith, quick question, how can i take live reading when the battery is charging ( with multimeter, the battery cover is open), i am at the point to start charging but relay fuse every thing has been tighten up , cover is open, tested charging port, shows ok 0.5v so the diods are working, but cant see the current charges, and want to take live reading. or it has to be FORScan? Pls. advice, thanks.....best wishes....eagerly waiting for reply

Old 05-27-2020, 12:43 PM

If you've put the relay cover back on, then I've got nothing for you besides cutting in to the charger wires on the battery side of the diode to check voltage. Exercise extreme caution if you do this.

It might be best for you to just use Forscan with ignition on (no start). You will see voltage, but the current number won't be accurate/meaningful.

Quick Reply: HV Battery Jump

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands