help...please...

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 12:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: help...please...

thanks for your reply, Sascol.

i think #2 noise was corrected...same as what is described in the link

don't think it's the roof rack. based on our investigations, the noise seems to be coming from the sunroof track itself.

please keep the feedback coming, really want to get this resolved!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Enthusiast

still tick-tick-ticking....

was making the noise like crazy last night, temps in the 50's. definitely seems to be coming from sunroof, passenger side, back corner. also discovered that we can make the noise by pushing on certain areas of the headliner near the dome light/sunroof cover.

please keep the feedback coming.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hi Gary, what if I leave the ticking sound from the direction of glove box problem alone? Will it develop further? I am thinking to bring it to dealer but it happens only once two months....btw I have a 08.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:04 AM
Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

STILL dealing with the overhead ticking noise...PLEASE, if there are any gurus out there, read the thread, listen to the file, and tell me what you think.

All help GREATLY appreciated...thanks.

Old 11-13-2010, 07:21 AM
Enthusiast

just picked car up from dealer this morning...headliner is completely out and they've asked us to drive it for a couple of days to see if we hear the noise and try to pinpoint it (said they did not hear it). drove around for a while and didn't hear anything, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. however, got to thinking...if it DOESN'T make the noise with the headliner out...then would it stand to reason that the headliner is causing the problem (more specifically, the headliner being in contact with something underneath)? if so, what could it be and what is the fix?

please listen to the recording attached to post 4-12-2010

Old 11-18-2010, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well on my crappy laptop speakers it sounds like steal stretching. So if you don't hear it anytime soon. ask if there is any metal in the parts they removed? my 2 cents...
and good luck!

Old 12-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Enthusiast

The saga continues...

So, we drove it for a while and never heard the tick - ergo, the headliner was causing the noise. A friend suggested we go to a local car audio place for some soundproofing material, which we did. When I called about getting the headliner put back in, I was told that the new service manager was no longer there. Odd. So I ended up talking to the guy that we had dealt with in the past. I said that we had put in the soundproofing material, and he immediately says, "oh, (name of the product)?" So he obviously knew what it was but had they ever used it or even so much as mentioned it in the prior countless times we'd had the car in for the problem? Of course not. Well, my husband gets the call saying that the car is ready to be picked up, but that part of the headliner is pulling away because the soundproofing material is too thick. Now note that the service manager says, "we could have trimmed it" but didn't for some unknown reason. When my husband picks the car up, he's told that the adhesive is still drying, which is why there are these stains all over it. Two weeks later they're still there. In addition, the sunroof cover has a tear in it which was NOT there before, the seal around the sunroof cover is totally misshapen, and the you can clearly see the edge of the fabric where the headliner is pulling away. The screws that they put into the dome light weren't the right size and just fell out. The workmanship is awful and I can't believe they had the nerve to return it to us in this condition. This is just the icing on the cake of this entire situation. And the irony is that THEY never fixed the noise.

Is the arbitration board the way to go now? I think I should have started that ball rolling ages ago, but every time I called customer service, they told me I had to work with the dealer.

Old 04-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Enthusiast

Greetings all - wow, it's been a long time since my last post. Anyway - after about a year of being pissed and not wanting to set foot onto the dealer's parking lot, one day I decided to stop in and see if the new g.m. would hear me out about the terrible experience we'd had and the shoddy workmanship concerning the headliner. Turns out he did and replaced the headliner at their expense, so kudos to him for doing the right thing. We've started having the vehicle serviced there again. The service advisor that we'd had issues with is still there, and the g.m. told me he was going to talk to him about how we'd been treated - don't know if he did or not, but hope so.

A few new and not-so-new issues have surfaced/resurfaced.

One - the stereo/nav has started intermittently locking up - basically, you press buttons and nothing happens. We had similar problems previously and dealer replaced it twice, so this is now the third one that's been in the vehicle, which leads me to believe this is a common/known problem, although I can't find any TSBs or recalls. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix short of replacing yet again? We're now out of warranty so it would be on our dime. For as much as the thing cost, they seem to put in a garbage unit.

Two - wrench light on dash came on yesterday (went off and hasn't been back) - I've read the posts, sounds like there could be many causes. Is trip to dealership only option? Check engine light came on a while back, went off and hasn't been back. Car has approx 110K and seems to be operating as usual.

As always, thanks for feedback